Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got bored the other day and decided that my moldings needed to come off to help get rid of the Grandpa look of a CC/LB and Im glad I did. The amount of crap under them was amazing. Probably just getting ready to rot out.Everything came off very easy except the badges on the tail gate but eventually I got it all off. If you are thinking about doing it I really suggest that you do!:rockin

Before

Easy to remove and you can already see the dirt, fuel, and other crap

One off, Look at all the nasty crap

The adhesive that did stick peeled off fairly easy

One side done

All cleaned up

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Looks so much better man, just like mine. I cant believe the 2 sided tape came off that easy for you! Its just peeling right off, I had to scrape mine for hours!

·
Registered
643 Posts
did you just use soap and water and scrub to get the rest of the resido off or did you you like a degreaser

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well mine has been in the body shop since Ive owned it so all the moldings were new except the one on driverside rear door and box and the badges on the tailgate

·
Registered
673 Posts
X2 on scraping...all said & done, I was into it a day and a half. Love the look so much more now. Now, I'm ready for some black wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you just use soap and water and scrub to get the rest of the resido off or did you you like a degreaser
I just rubbed it with my finger for most of it. I used Goo Gone for the tail gate cause like 90% of the adhesive on those badges stuck on but that didnt really help much. It was the only adhesive remover I could find

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Your lucky mine was a PITA

·
Registered
19 Posts
taking off the molding and badges didn't leave the paint underneath messed up at all? all you had to do was clean it up? I would like to know because im thinking about doing this myself.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
taking off the molding and badges didn't leave the paint underneath messed up at all? all you had to do was clean it up? I would like to know because im thinking about doing this myself.
My paint was all in good shape under the moldings/badges just spray all the crap off thats under them before trying to rub or "scrape" off the excess adhesive so you don't scratch the paint in the process

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Looks way better!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Someone post my link to how to remove molding quickly and easily, I'm on my phone at the moment.

Saves so much time! Truck looks great man, love me some cc/lbs

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW thanks for all the compliments!!! If you are even just tossing this idea around in your head I would highly suggest it especially if you are in the northern mid west where vehicles around that area just rot away anyways. You dont need the help of all the crap that gets caught behind the moldings

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 27 Posts