Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

So how many are happy with their L5P?

212K views 292 replies 123 participants last post by  ChevyTech77 
#1 ·
So how many are happy with their L5P? In the market for one asap, but for anyone reading all of these threads, one might say buyer beware. How many have them that are actually happy with their 2017? My last Duramax was an LBZ, so I have been removed from the scene for quite a few years.

Reactions: Richard2002
#2 ·
I think there are a lot happy. We come to these forums usually for problems or to complain!

Yes there are bugs. Will they get worked out, in sure. My Denali is some where between Flint and Western Pa. can't wait!

#3 ·
Don't get caught up in the Internet Amplification Factor - I love my L5P -

Have not seen a single major mechanical failure - the issues we're seeing are likely related to putting a new engine in an old platform, and relearning the steps to make sure it's all hooked up. We're seeing issues with a new build, not engineering issues.

Charge pipes, NoX Sensors, Loose Wire harness, faulty or misaligned Down pipe clamp and TCM resets are the Major issues.

If working out some bugs is a major annoyance for you, I'd wait till 2018, if not, get in on the L5P goodness. It's a different animal for sure.

#4 ·
Absolutely love my L5P, it's a beast for towing... Haven't had any of the issues others are talking about so far, knock on wood. There are hundreds of satisfied owners out there already that you'll never hear from because 1. they're satisfied, and 2. maybe they're just computer illiterate and can't tell us about the goodness... ;)

#7 ·
I am at 65 miles, it had 12 from the factory. So far I love it, not noticing the issues that others have pointed out on here. I think my shift points are good, and it does not act like my old truck in tow/haul mode like others are stating. Mine was built on 2/15 so they might have changed something during the build.

#9 ·
Yeah, I am about 40 miles south of the factory. Shipped on 2-16 and I picked it up last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
It sure is nice to hear some positive comments regarding the 17's. Like I said, my last one was the LBZ, and I had an 03 with the LB7 prior to that, both were trouble free; granted I only had the LB7 for a short time.

#11 ·
I'm a little over 2000 miles without any issues so far. I love the truck more and more each time I drive it. It's markedly different than driving my 2003 LB7.

#15 ·
I love mine. No complaints or problems (1400 miles)

#19 ·
I have 3000 miles on mine now and it is a solid truck. I have the "surging" issues that are mentioned in other threads but I believe it will get dealt with eventually. It has gotten substantially better (thought it was gone but then it came back).

As far as the rest of the truck it is great. Gets better fuel milage than my deleted 4th gen dodge towing and comparable to it empty - and I hope once the L5P gets broken in that it will improve even more. As other have said it pulls very strong and there is no dead pedal feeling at all. Fun truck to drive.

#20 ·
Another one here that loves the L5p! 6800 miles and I've enjoyed every single one. No issues at all.

I came from a purty stout lml so the power wasn't what I was used to but it pulls GOOD for a stock truck.. Super happy with that and the ride and comfort of the interior.. I haven't had this newer style body until now but it's a lot nicer than my 11 model..

#25 ·
Biggest thing I noticed on these new trucks is cursing at 60-70 MPH you can just tap the pedal and be at 90 to pass some one.

Reactions: The Barracuda
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.