Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold a PPE accelerator tuner to a guy with a LBZ that I had used on my LB7.
He said when he tried to load a tune it had a Vin mismatch, sounds locked I guess.
When I went to EFI live I put mine back to stock before loading the new tunes.
So did I not finish something? I read a couple places about xing stuff out?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I sold a PPE accelerator tuner to a guy with a LBZ that I had used on my LB7.
He said when he tried to load a tune it had a Vin mismatch, sounds locked I guess.
When I went to EFI live I put mine back to stock before loading the new tunes.
So did I not finish something? I read a couple places about xing stuff out?
When a PPE tuner is "married" to a truck, it will only work with that truck's VIN#. The only way to get it to work on another truck is to send it to PPE, so they can unlock it to be used on another vehicle. Not sure how much it costs, but there is a cost involved for that.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,020 Posts
Happened to me a few years ago. Let a 'friend' use my PPE on his LBZ for a while, he decided he was going to sell the truck. Brought me the tuner back, and I was sure to ask him, if he turned it back to stock and unlocked the tuner, and he assured me he did. Several months later, tried to use it on another truck and it was still VIN locked to 'that guys' truck. I contacted him, he said 'oh sorry, I'll get ahold of the guy I sold the truck to' and get it straightened out... guess what, never happened... and he refused to pay to have the PPE unlocked...

So yeah, only thing that can be done is send it to PPE and have them reset/unlock the tuner so it can be used. Whether it was an oops or a glitch or whatever, that's what needs to be done

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always thought if you put the stock tune back it in the truck it was unlocked. Of coarse I'm probably wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts