Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2013, I bought a stone business. I owned and drove a modded 2010 4Runner Trail (awesome, awesome vehicle). My business catered to high end residential, and my vehicle needs changed a few years in. I needed an HD for hauling and towing.

Drove the Ram and Ford 2500/250, and the Denali. For me, the choice was super easy. The price was not part of the decision, I wanted the truck I liked most. Joined this forum, and quickly decided I can't by an HD without a diesel. Learned an awful lot here, never owned a diesel before.

Waited to order the 2015.5 as I had to have power folding mirrors for my garage. Equipped all the features I wanted, and picked it up in 10/14. MSRP was about 66, I was out the door at 57 and had the Costco program.

62 months, 69,000 miles, the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. I had 2 warranty issues, a failed water pump at 18k and a failed DEF tank heater, both replaced at no charge. At 37k, just out of warranty, the driver seat actuator or whatever that part is failed (that triggers the seat alert). Bought part online and fixed myself, the dealer quote was several hundred and I think the part was only $75 or something.

Before I plunged on this amazing truck, I read and worried about DPF problems, regen problems, limp mode, etc etc. Mine never had a single issue aside from that DEF tank heater, of course I am happy it happened under warranty. My regens averaged every 350-400 miles.

Recently sold my business, took a new job, and sit in a lot of stop and go traffic. I don't want my beloved Duramax dying a slow death on my watch, so I traded for a 2020 AT4 1500 6.2L. The new truck is amazing, with many improvements over my old one. Had I kept my business, I would have traded for the new 2500 AT4. But the gas motor fits my current needs. And to my complete delight, I received 40k on the trade-in, with 2 small bumper dents and a few significant scratches. Really amazes me, 5+ years and I got back 40 of my 57.

Thanks to all the great members here... you guys have a cool and helpful community. Keep on truckin' fellas...

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Nice truck! Actually what I had looked at...BUT you don't need to leave us, pop in from time to time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice truck! Actually what I had looked at...BUT you don't need to leave us, pop in from time to time.
I definitely will. I have been drooling on the new HDs, they look a little more pissed off than the 1500 variant, and I love that!

PS - 6 shots, or only 5? You win my vote for best avatar gunner:

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
That AT4 looks great!

I'm really liking the Satin Steel Metallic colour.

Did you consider the 3.0L instead of the 6.2?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That AT4 looks great!

I'm really liking the Satin Steel Metallic colour.

Did you consider the 3.0L instead of the 6.2?
Thanks, redwngr. I also love this new color.

I never drove one but did consider it. Same upgrade cost as the 6.2L, and you're going to get much better MPG. Primarily for the stop and go I now encounter, I opted for the gasoline. Lots more short trips on my agenda too versus when I had the 2500 Duramax. The little I have read on that 3.0L I-6 is very promising, maybe lots of stop and go and short trips won't affect it as much it sounds like this motor is really a new design made for the 1500 and modern requirements.

The 6.2L is very quick, I have not got on mine fully just yet as it had 5 miles at delivery, but it launches with a little press of the peddle... it's going to be fun to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts