Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I recently purchased a 2003 Chevy 3500 duramax 6 spd.180,000 miles.. The clutch feels really soft and it stays down close to the floor until it has been pressed several times, then it seems to do better. Also the transmission does not always down shift, sometimes i have to turn the key off and put it in gear then start it back up. could this be a missing/broken spring and maybe just need to replace the tranny fluid and filter? Please help as i am definately not a mechanic..Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Sounds like there is air in the clutch hydraulics. You should first flush the system with new fluid and then bleed the air out. Be aware that some clutch systems are dificult to get them bled of air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clutch problem

Turns out it was not the clutch needing to be bled out, it was the plastic clip under the dash that connects the pedal to the slave cylinder, could not find one last night at any of the parts stores, waiting for the chevrolet house to open this morning, Hope they have one, suppose to go to Pennsylvania tonight or tomorrow..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts