Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into the ORU solid axle swap kit (leaf springs) and I wanted to know if anyone had a parts list on what else I need.. Steering setup, brake setup , what year ford I should be looking at to get the axle from...ETC... Any advice would be appreciated. I'm only wanting to run 35s, so what spring dimensions should I be looking to get..

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm new to trucks larger than 1/4 ton, but I've done 2 different SAS on Chevys. 1 OBS ('97 Suburban) and 1 NBS ('02 Avalanche), they were complicated as all get out. Took me almost a full week of tinkering after work probably 2 hours a night to get the geometry 100% correct. Parts list isn't going to be your biggest worry IMO, I would purchase whatever swap kit you want to use and then do a dry run.

Biggest lesson I learned is that you ABSOLUTELY better not count on having your truck for anything in the near future. Murphy is in your back pocket with this kind of stuff and something is guaranteed to go haywire. Just my $.02, I'm sure there are folks on here who have had an easy go of it though. The last good SAS I saw was over at GMFS, too many assclowns for me to hang around there though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts