Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just a couple of questions,what is good transmission for a good price and will take 600 to 700 rwhp.the truck is a 05 lly dually with bully dog transmission upgrade kit but that isn't enough.would like hear some replies.

05 lly dually mods,the mirrors off my 06 2500HD,programmer ppe hot soon to be upgraded to the hot e.t. 2:fart ,ppe boost controller,S&B air intake,dual 4" siverline turbo back exhuast with 5" tip no cats,bully dog shift kit soon to be upgraded to stage v sun coast transmission with triple disc torque converter$$:gearjamin,wish list:teasetwin turbos,dual cp3 fueler,bigger injecters,and so on$$$$

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Seeing that your in ohio i would say Crank it Up Diesel they will rebuild you current trans to hold the power with ats parts!

Suncoast transmissions are IMO the very best, Maybe Mike L will Chime in here as he Is the all knowing when it comes to allison transmissions!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the info.by the way nice truck.

05 lly dually mods,the mirrors off my 06 2500HD,programmer ppe hot soon to be upgraded to the hot e.t. 2:fart ,ppe boost controller,S&B air intake,dual 4" siverline turbo back exhuast with 5" tip no cats,bully dog shift kit soon to be upgraded to stage v sun coast transmission with triple disc torque converter$$:gearjamin,wish list:teasetwin turbos,dual cp3 fueler,bigger injecters,and so on$$$$

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no haven't had it on a dyno yet and also the truck isn't pushing no 600rwhp,just guessing around 500 give or take.i just need a transmission that will handle all of my wish list.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
do you like your edge juice,and did you gain any fuel economy?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
i love the juice, the digital gauges and ease of installation are great. the millage is a 3-4 point increase if you can drive it like a stock truck :).... but they are a great company... i think i fried one and it was my fault, no questions asked they overnighted me a new in the box unit. the de-fuel and tranny slip monitoring are nice and its looks cool too.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
do there monitors work with other products.i'm sorry if i sound real skeptical my friend had a bad experience with the edge evolution he lost fuel economy

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
i want to stack it, but just haven't. you wont LOOSE economy by changing the timing and rail fuel pressure. the reason i think some guys LOOSE MPG is that they found a sports car inside their truck and drive like smoky and the bandit!! but the edge will not hurt your mileage. be sure to get a new chip and not a used or take off, they have updated versions of software, just like computers. the attitude monitor is optional, but adds stage 5 (+150) and is just silly! its so crazy that on the fly you can do what a huge cam and heads do to a gas engine - just by clicking on an up arrow!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i see your point.my friends truck was is a 99 power stroke and the guy is 50 years old he doesn't approve of taking off very fast and he doesn't drive fast,not sure what happen'd.just his experience.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
99 was a cussword if you were a ford guy! haha i had a 99... for about 3 months! talk about a lemon year for ford. the chip was pry the old mans smallest problem!!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
do there monitors work with other products.i'm sorry if i sound real skeptical my friend had a bad experience with the edge evolution he lost fuel economy

The attutude moniter wont read the added boost from your boost controler!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks for the info

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
another question should i run a different rear end drive shaft with the sun coast tranny?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts