Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 LLY, added MBRP Cool Duals, 4" down pipe back, check engine light was on until I started the truck 3 or 4 times, then it went away, right after installing the exhaust, the truck was pulling my enclosed loaded trailer and the tranny temp got so hot that the tranny was slipping like crazyso I pulled off the highway to make a call to my buddy that knows a lotmorethan me. After pulling over Itriedto back up a bit and the R on the gear selector was flashing off and on and it would not back up at all. I let it cool down, finished my drive (only about 10 minutes to go) and looked under the truck, 2tranny lines were kinda close to the new larger exhaust so I added someheat tape, the thick stuff to the 2 tranny lines, seems to be fine now, just wondering in the lines were actually getting to hot and causing issues>

Next problem, the other day my speedo was sticking and at a full stop it was stuck at around 20kph, then later on at full stop it was at 10 kph and finally got itself un stuck and is now working right again, is this normal? Should I worry about it or just go off the GPS when it acts up?

Tonight I got in the truck and put it in reverse and the DIC said something about going into gear and the R was flashing, I put it back in park and then reverse and it was A-okay??? There was also an air bag error tonight, not sure why, never let one go off???

Last question, oil should be changed every 10'000 KM's right, well I'm almost at 10'000 since my first change since I got the truck and the DIC says I'm only down to 45% oil life left, should I stick with the 10'000 rule or what? I'll be getting it done this week since we have a moose hunting trip at the end of the week and I'd rather be safe than sorry, but what do you guys use for the oil change time line?

Thanks, sorry to hammer you guys with so many issues all at once.

Paul.

·
Registered
74 Posts
How s the tranny now? It does sound like your fluid was getting hot from the exhaust. I had an issue with my tranny acting up, it gave me all kinds of codes and wouldn’t go into reverse then stuck in 3rd gear. It ended up being the neutral safety switch on the side of the tranny, common issue I found out.

My speedo did the same thing back when it was under warranty, GM replaced the whole cluster.

Never go by the DIC to change your oil. Even 10k is a tad too long. I change mine around 5k to 6k. 10k is stretching it even for synthetic oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts