Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2500hd duramax. I have ppe, afe intake, afe mouthpiece, 4" exhaust, etc. I constantly have people telling me my truck is slow. I know my truck is fast. I ran a mid 13 on ppe's quarter mile. I told people that tell me my truck is slow to line up an average corvette and I'll smoke him. I'm not afraid to race anybody, but I don't want to lose.. I can run efi or higher tunes but I would need a transmission. I have the money for a stage 5, but I want to know whether I want it. I need it to run better tunes, but is that necessary to beat an average corvette???

·
I'm That Guy...
16,687 Posts

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
What ppe tuner do you have? And are you saying you did a mid 13 according to what the ppe handheld said?

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
my 05 is slow to me

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What ppe tuner do you have? And are you saying you did a mid 13 according to what the ppe handheld said?
Yeah.. That's where I got that from. It was actually on my superchip tuner on max hp setting, so I figured it would be slower in real life. The PPE is noticeable faster than the superchip.

I have PPE Standard Xcelerator with the latest software. I've never run the 160 tune.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah.. I don't have a good reference of how fast it will actually run. I wish I could get it around 12, but I know I need a transmission for that. I feel like 13 is pretty damn good for a work truck without many expensive mods. The cost to get it to 13 is a lot cheaper than how much it will cost to get it to mid 12's

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have a 2005 2500hd duramax. I have ppe, afe intake, afe mouthpiece, 4" exhaust, etc. I constantly have people telling me my truck is slow. I know my truck is fast. I ran a mid 13 on ppe's quarter mile. I told people that tell me my truck is slow to line up an average corvette and I'll smoke him. I'm not afraid to race anybody, but I don't want to lose.. I can run efi or higher tunes but I would need a transmission. I have the money for a stage 5, but I want to know whether I want it. I need it to run better tunes, but is that necessary to beat an average corvette???
With a standard...yes. That's only around 121 rwhp gain. Get that stage 5, lift pump, fuel shim and efi live. Just my .02.

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
^^

Ppe hot +2

With a built trans an lp will do the same as Efi

If were talking about times

Of course Efi will be better on the engine tho

It's the smart route

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I would just get the stage 5 and be done with it and not have to worry about shifting and getting a pyrotechnics show inside your tranny.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
dude if you have the money for the tranny... then What are you waiting for... built that B*tch up and beat anyone.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts