Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in Gibson truck world, so it's in Sanford actually.
I live close to city of Tampere.
(Salo is a great driver, and on my opinion the best Finnish F1-driver even he was not as succesful as the other Finns)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Be very careful about buying from them they were taking alot of trucks from TX and LA after the hurricane and fixing them up and selling them, they have a bad rap for selling nice looking POS's and they are not very willing to negotiate on price. Just be very carful buying from them. There are other better priced dealerships just down the road.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will have to agree with o2blackmax I would never buy from them I have heard nothing but bad from them. What are you looking for I can look around here for you.
(I work with Risi Competizione in the ALMS GT2 team he has been with for 3 years.With Mika and Jamie Melo we have won 2- 12 Hours of Sebring, Back to back 24 Hour Of LeMans, 2- 10 Hour Petit Le Mans and 2 championships. Set records for poles and races won in single season.We have broke records with Ferrari with our 430 GT.All within 3 years::gearjamin:gearjamin So I will agree with you Mika is a great driver!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up!
Just found their site. Just have to find something in $20-21k range (shipping to Finland is almost $3k + customs, taxes and making it "EU-legal" is another $5500:eek: )

Looking for 4x4, crew cab, short bed with as low miles as possible. Not too easy to find in that price range :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I will look. What do you have to do to make it Eu leagal?

Mike
- Change all the headlamps (you don't have e-marked lamps for GMC so they are "handmade"+height adjustment for headlamps). All other lamps must have e-mark also and put fog lamp on rear.
- Put extra side signals
- Pay $1000 for a paper saying, that this car doesn't require e-mark for windshield/sidewindows/mirrors and rear window

And some because of weight (over 3500kg) some other regulations;

- Put yellow lamps on the side, because length of the car ( http://image.nettiauto.com/extra/carimg/2838001_2838100/chevrolet-silverado-2838012_b_0419cdf6536ec63e.jpg )
- On some years you have to have solid "block" (steel net or something) between bed and cabin (also a regulation actually designed for big trucks)
And one of the most stupid ones; to have "speed limiter" as bigger trucks can't drive more than 80 km/h ~ 50mph so the speed is limited also for pick-ups over 3500kg. (luckily it should be quite easy to have on/off switch for that. Penalty is ofcourse quite a lot I think.. $$$)

I don't even know everything what needs to be done.
Diesel costs $5.62 per gallon :rockin
Welcome to Finland :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
- Change all the headlamps (you don't have e-marked lamps for GMC so they are "handmade"+height adjustment for headlamps). All other lamps must have e-mark also and put fog lamp on rear.
- Put extra side signals
- Pay $1000 for a paper saying, that this car doesn't require e-mark for windshield/sidewindows/mirrors and rear window

And some because of weight (over 3500kg) some other regulations;

- Put yellow lamps on the side, because length of the car ( http://image.nettiauto.com/extra/carimg/2838001_2838100/chevrolet-silverado-2838012_b_0419cdf6536ec63e.jpg )
- On some years you have to have solid "block" (steel net or something) between bed and cabin (also a regulation actually designed for big trucks)
And one of the most stupid ones; to have "speed limiter" as bigger trucks can't drive more than 80 km/h ~ 50mph so the speed is limited also for pick-ups over 3500kg. (luckily it should be quite easy to have on/off switch for that. Penalty is ofcourse quite a lot I think.. $$$)

I don't even know everything what needs to be done.
Diesel costs $5.62 per gallon :rockin
Welcome to Finland :mad:
I think Ho' B'ama is trying to "europeanize" us too. Wait and see.........it's coming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are regulations for european cars in us also.
There are many (I think all) EU countries that are less strict in these regulations than Finland (e.g. not that much problems importing newer cars to Sweden or Germany).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about Knights Truck Center in Debary? Reliable dealer?
They have nice looking (except the wrinkled leather in doors?) -05 GMC and I already contacted them about the mileage

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Be very careful about buying from them they were taking alot of trucks from TX and LA after the hurricane and fixing them up and selling them, they have a bad rap for selling nice looking POS's and they are not very willing to negotiate on price. Just be very carful buying from them. There are other better priced dealerships just down the road.
Concur. I shopped them prior to purchasing my truck. This is definitely a case of buyer beware.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts