Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently just have efi live running the highest trans safe tune, afe intake, 4" dp back straight exhaust. If I really get on it from a low mph roll it will take straight off no hesitation at all early in a drive. But it seems as though the longer I drive or if I beat on it back to back closely then it seems to not want to take right off like the turbo lagging or the transmission/tq converter not locking up.. There are no lights anything like that so not sure if its in the tuning or if its going into some sort of limp mode??? I am considering getting the transgo jr shift kit and a fass titanium 150 soon but not sure if that will solve anything. Does anyone have or had similiar problems?? I am new to the lmm as mine is a 2010'..

Thank you

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
You could have collapsing fuel lines as temperatures increase. The lift pump and TransgoJr will be great investments for your setup. I would recommend both ASAP.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Replace the sections of line with new. I don't have the issue, but others have reported kinks that will develop at the bend points of the line. The rubber gets softer as temperatures rise, and so the lines will kink and pull into themselves under the suction of the injection pump.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Your OEM fuel pump is draining the rails. You need a lift pump to fix it with the tuning that you have

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so with a lift pump the "pull" under full throttle should be night and day then what I am experiencing now?? thank you guys again for the info

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Just for you to verify for yourself change you tune to something with lower hp, maybe closer to 50 if you have it.
If it runs ok all the way thru, then your running out of fuel like pretty much everyone else does when they add more hp than the stock fuel system can produce to keep up with the fuel demand.
Which usually is in the 90 hp range when people start having problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.