Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas,

Take a gander at this. Chances are your gear oil is not up to spec. This was an un-biased test that Amsoil did this year and the results JUST came out. I changed mine after they told us at our regional sales meeting this past weekend. It is lengthy, but a difinite must read. Out of 14 brands tested only 2 met OE specs. NONE were OE fluids. As per Amsoil "This no-frills study is designed to help consumers make informed decisions when selecting gear oils. There is no hype and no sales pitch -- just facts. Never before has so much information on gear oils been delivered in one easy to understand source."

Take a look at this link. Notice Royal Purple and Lucas in the KRL 20-HR Shear test AND the results on these tests on page 19!AMSOIL - A Study of Automotive Gear Lubes

·
Super Moderator
533 Posts
That's why I run Schaeffer Lubricants. They're so good, Amsoil is afraid to include them in their testing...

BoiseRob

·
Registered
44 Posts
I find it a bit hard to believe an oil vendor would do an "un-biased" oil test. Kind of like Shell doing a test and coming out at the end saying theirs really is the best. Even though I live in BC, this time I'm from MO.

·
Dmax 4M 4EVER!
53 Posts
Royal Purple is Junk, I have witnessed three rigs that have started knocking within days of swapping to it. I wouldnt put that crap in a lawn mower that I hate....
besides its just plain "UNAMERICAN"

Ill stay with the PATRIOTIC and PROUD to be AMERICAN Amsoil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Schaeffer oils

Hey BoiseRob,

Schaeffer has good stuff! It has helped to hold together many of my motors through way more than they should have :) I haven't got in to the Amsoil stuff yet, but I will probably try. It's easier to get around the country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts