Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take a friend home from work today,to get to his place the roads are steep,curvy etc. So coming towards home there is a long steep grade,no traffic on it so i get on the fuel,bout half way up i am running 70ish and then something felt like it snapped and when it did is sounded like the tires chirpped,scared the sh!t out of me so i let off,runs fine,shifts fine,what the hell could it have been?

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
did you lose traction maybe?

· Registered
526 Posts
Well after you clean the brown stain from your seat I would start checking fluids and see if you can see any metal flaking. If it still shifts and drives fine I would still check it for codes, maybe it didnt throw an CEL but maybe something else that might tell you. I would also put it in 4wd and make sure that all still works fine. Man, that would scare the crap out of me too!

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think i lost traction,road was clear,beats me!!

· NewEST Spinny Thinggg
5,036 Posts
.....A Dog

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
469 Posts
mine did something like yours did, but there was a big jerk like i hit a big pothole when mine did it and mine ended up being the transfercase

· Registered
708 Posts
I had that happen in my 04 dmax i did the same thing, sounded as somethin snapped and i heard tires chirp, the truck dinged at me and gave me a PO700 and a 735 or something, said i slipped 5th gear.

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had that happen in my 04 dmax i did the same thing, sounded as somethin snapped and i heard tires chirp, the truck dinged at me and gave me a PO700 and a 735 or something, said i slipped 5th gear.
I was actually thinking of that since I have the quad on 135,but the truck never threw a light or ding?

· Registered
526 Posts
It may not always be apparent that you threw a code. it may just be a minor code which doesnt pop an CEL. Thats why I said you should probably check for codes. If you were running the quad on 135 you likely slipped 5th gear.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
mine did something like yours did, but there was a big jerk like i hit a big pothole when mine did it and mine ended up being the transfercase
Transfercase- noun: trans-fer-case; apparatus often found in multi-wheel drive vehicles that allows operator to transfer power from motor to front and rear wheels. Typically aids vehicle in covering inhospitable terrain. Sentence: fuck I just limped my transfercase. Alternative spelling $$$$$$$

· Banned
24,781 Posts
I agree with it being a slipped gear. Maybe it went to downshift to 4th and there was so mutch power it poped back into 5? Check the fluid and change the spin on filter if you havent for a while :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.