Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take a friend home from work today,to get to his place the roads are steep,curvy etc. So coming towards home there is a long steep grade,no traffic on it so i get on the fuel,bout half way up i am running 70ish and then something felt like it snapped and when it did is sounded like the tires chirpped,scared the sh!t out of me so i let off,runs fine,shifts fine,what the hell could it have been?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
did you lose traction maybe?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well after you clean the brown stain from your seat I would start checking fluids and see if you can see any metal flaking. If it still shifts and drives fine I would still check it for codes, maybe it didnt throw an CEL but maybe something else that might tell you. I would also put it in 4wd and make sure that all still works fine. Man, that would scare the crap out of me too!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think i lost traction,road was clear,beats me!!

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
.....A Dog

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
414 Posts
mine did something like yours did, but there was a big jerk like i hit a big pothole when mine did it and mine ended up being the transfercase

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had that happen in my 04 dmax i did the same thing, sounded as somethin snapped and i heard tires chirp, the truck dinged at me and gave me a PO700 and a 735 or something, said i slipped 5th gear.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had that happen in my 04 dmax i did the same thing, sounded as somethin snapped and i heard tires chirp, the truck dinged at me and gave me a PO700 and a 735 or something, said i slipped 5th gear.
I was actually thinking of that since I have the quad on 135,but the truck never threw a light or ding?

·
Registered
487 Posts
It may not always be apparent that you threw a code. it may just be a minor code which doesnt pop an CEL. Thats why I said you should probably check for codes. If you were running the quad on 135 you likely slipped 5th gear.

·
Registered
763 Posts
mine did something like yours did, but there was a big jerk like i hit a big pothole when mine did it and mine ended up being the transfercase
Transfercase- noun: trans-fer-case; apparatus often found in multi-wheel drive vehicles that allows operator to transfer power from motor to front and rear wheels. Typically aids vehicle in covering inhospitable terrain. Sentence: fuck I just limped my transfercase. Alternative spelling $$$$$$$

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts