Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gotta a 01 duramax been runnin fine came to a stop sign went to go and it died, just like you turn the key off. Turns over good has fuel at filter . Was checkin things and tried it it started rite up , ran for a minute or two and same thing. Now it hasnt fired since . checked fuses . Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Any codes? When was last filter change and do you get any air when priming?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Do you have a code reader? It may be a bad crank/cam sensor or something.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Any codes? Fuel gelled? Replace the fuel filter and prime the system again.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Holy smokes we all replied at the same time! "ANY CODES?"

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
........any codes? lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check your grounds, sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Forbannede eletriske problemer, lykke till.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
More info? Do you have a tuner on it like an Edge? Your just north of me about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scanner showed no codes, filter is good no air , have been plowin alot with it she is iced up pretty good.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You may have gelled fuel. With how cold it has been it doesn't take much. Full the fuel filter and replace. Fill new one with Diesel 911.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
do you run any fuel conditioner?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am guessing more towards a electric issue or ignition, it never missed a beat before or when it did start for that little bit. it ran smooth then it was like someone turn the key off

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
It will do the samewith gelled fuel. Thats why these guys keep saying that. Plus it the cheapest place to start.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
When I had gelled fuel years ago it would idle and run up too 1200 rpms just fine but would die past that.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
When I had gelled fuel years ago it would idle and run up too 1200 rpms just fine but would die past that.
Did you have a liftpump? It may have pushed enough fuel through the gelled fuel to idle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i understand the gelled fuel idea . dealt with that before, not with this truck on other diesels. I dont think that is the issue here thou.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
my brothers 06 classic did that exactly 2 years ago

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Well, if it was a bad sensor it would throw a code. If youve been plowing alot it might be something shook loose. I think some guys were having issues with the fuse box in the engine bay. One of them had to replace it and the other guy took it apart and found a bad connection or something. It is more likely something like that hppened to your rig. But it's never fun tracking issues like that! Check the 2 big Bail connectors over the drivers side valve cover.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Did you have a liftpump? It may have pushed enough fuel through the gelled fuel to idle.
No lift pump at the time.

So it cranks but won't fire. CP3 could be bad any way of checking desired vs actual rail pressure while cranking.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts