Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered an 06 four door two wheel drive, should be here in 6 weeks, so I'm looking for any info.

BTW: not my first Diesel, I had an 82 blazer W/ a 6.2 And the wife is driving a 2000 excursion powerstroke, w/ banks powerpack, big hoss, six gun, and exhaust brake. at the time it was the combo to have and Chevy still has no sub with a diesel :mad: but for a new truck fordmissed the mark with the 6.0.

JMO

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can see Stingray's point. That model is rated for a greater maximum trailer weight on a fifth wheel or goose neck application. Though the gross combination weight is the same for all models equipped with Duramax and that's 22,000 lbs. The 3500 models are rated 1,500 lbs less trailer weight for manual trans.

But, if you have got kids or expect other passengers and don't ever expect to pull your maximum, you might like to have the crew cab. More room and accessibility. The 8 foot bed offers a 34 gallon tank and the 26 in the 6.5 foot bed is just too small for long trips. Towing you will need to find a fuel stop every 300 miles or so. Otherwise you may want to get a bed-mounted transfer tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's the deal, 4 door for the family, long bed for stability, fuell tank & gear when not towing one of the trailers.
I've done well not having 4wd., so I'm sticking with it.

And I can't wait for it to arrive :hyper

·
Registered
133 Posts
u must have nice weather where ever u r. here u need four wheel drive during the winter and after it rains.

·
Registered
276 Posts
the rain isn't so bad, at least not in my 250.....but snow is a different story, trying to push all that weight over the front forward with the rear doing the work is like trying to push it uphill by yourself while standing on a pool of oil!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
power95 said:
u must have nice weather where ever u r. here u need four wheel drive during the winter and after it rains.

sunny so cal, so bad weather is not a problem. And I do tow at or over the max with the wifes Excursion, so I need the extra towing!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts