Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kodiak RV, LLY 5sp, Gulfstream Endura, deleted/tuned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum and wanted to gain some knowledge on what to look for in the previous owners mods to my 2005 Kodiak RV.

I have an edge monitor/ 5position tune selector. Not really sure what each tune does and where and who built the tunes??

Exhaust is straight piped, believe that EGR has been blocked as well. Anything to check or worry about here?

Appears that original fuel filter head and filter was left in place but disconnected and a 2nd was put in next to the original. This 2nd unit appears factory but was not secured and seems to be making a horrible racket. Any idea why someone would have done this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don’t know of a good way to tell whet the tunes are or where they are from other than asking the PO. I think the normal setups are stock, towing, +some, +more, +max effort. Or I think some do stock, +some, +more, max effort, towing.

For the filter head. Sound like they were just lazy and didn’t remove the old head. As far as why they changed it, these heads are know for getting leaks and then they let air get into the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I appreciate the reply.
As far as tunes go, any idea what I should see for boost psi on the + hp tunes?

I am going to install the current filter head correctly, looks pretty simple

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as boost pressure, should be close to the same as stock I believe. I don’t have a way to monitor that so I can’t tell you for sure. If I remember correctly the factory MAP maxes out around 24-26psi.

Yeah it should be easy to do. I don’t have any idea what would possess someone not to finish the job when they had the hard part done.

Sorry you aren’t getting any more/faster replies, normally this place is pretty helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I was just wondering if tunes with a little + were directly related to increase in boost and since I have an edge monitor I could possibly verify. I am currently seeing 24psi on the boost when pulling a hill with my foot in it. No complaints on power coming from a gasser 😁

Happy to get some info, not a pro at forums but have had a really great experience on my boat forum over the years so wanted to get to know the duramax crew and gain some knowledge. Thanks again 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts