Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In rebuildling my '04 CCSB from a previous accident, I needed to replace the hood, grille, lights, radiator support, etc. I decided to upgrade to the '05-'07 front end, so all the parts were replaced with the '05-'07 pieces. The hood I bought was an aftermarket replacement hood which was listed to fit '03-'07 HD trucks. As it turned out, though, it doesn't. It's really an '03-'04 HD hood, so the front of the hood is considerably different than the '05-'07 design. The hood doesn't match up to the '05-'07 grille, it leaves a large opening above the grille.

All of the hoods I've found online that are listed to fit an '05-'07 HD are the same as what I've got, they're really '03-'04 HD hoods. Aside from buying a new hood through GM for my truck or one from a salvage yard, are there other options? I'd be open to the idea of either a stock hood or a cowl-induction if the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want a cheap hood check with a place called certifit. We buy a ton of parts from them and they are cheap hoods. They are aftermarket factory design hoods. they do not always have every part but most likely will have fenders, hoods, bumpers you need

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try LMC Truck.

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
When I used to work at a body shop we used alot of Keystone aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Keystone is where the one came from that's incorrectly labeled as "03-07". Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll follow up on them and see where I end up. A local salvage yard has a used GM hood for $400, so I may end up going with that.

I passed up a used GM hood for $150 earlier because I incorrectly thought that the Keystone one would be right.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts