Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that wants to upgrade his LBZ, its 100% stock now but he's looking for a mild tunes that will mostly help with fuel economy and maybe give it 60-80 more HP. He was looking at the PPE Economy but I am would like him to not run a canned tuner. Does the Spade/Autocal operate just like a canned tuner with custom tunes? Like can you go back and forth to stock easily? We would be removing the Cat also and doing a full exhaust, would the tuning take care of any CEL's associated with the Cat delete?
Thanks for the help, I have alot of experience with the CR Cummins but almost nothing with Duramax. Patiently waiting for EFIlive for the SCI trucks:).

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a friend that wants to upgrade his LBZ, its 100% stock now but he's looking for a mild tunes that will mostly help with fuel economy and maybe give it 60-80 more HP. He was looking at the PPE Economy but I am would like him to not run a canned tuner. Does the Spade/Autocal operate just like a canned tuner with custom tunes? Like can you go back and forth to stock easily? We would be removing the Cat also and doing a full exhaust, would the tuning take care of any CEL's associated with the Cat delete?
Thanks for the help, I have alot of experience with the CR Cummins but almost nothing with Duramax. Patiently waiting for EFIlive for the SCI trucks:).
The Spade is basically a plug and run product. The tunes are built to your trucks specs. It comes with a DSP5 switch so you can change tunes depending on what you want from your truck. All at the turn of a dial. Here's an example of our standard tune list:

1. Optimized Stock
2. Heavy Tow Tune
3. Light Tow Tune
4. Sport Econ Tune
5. Race Tune

We can handle the Cat delete, EGR delete, ect. Check out our website for more info, or give us a call. As for the Cummins, if your looking to keep up and have the right model, check out our brother site CUMMINS-TUNER.COM | Custom Dodge Cummins Calibrations. SPADE Series | EFILive. EFILive is still new to that side of the house, but we are getting some good results. Thanks.

-Scott

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
The Spade is a great unit to get into for EFI live tuning

If you or your buddy has questions about it feel free to call me here at our shop or talk to the guys at DuramaxTuner directly and we can get you squared away

·
Registered
73 Posts
To DT Scientist or whoever may know the answers:
I have an '06 LLY/LBZ and was wondering if I need the new fuel rail pressure cap if my biggest tune will be the sport economy tune(+80LLY, +100LBZ)?? Also, when your spade Jack says LLY +80 hp and LBZ +100hp Do they mean the old LLY or the 2006 LLY that's identical to the LBZ?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Generally unless your throwing a low fuel rail pressure code you wont need the rail plug. But they are always good to install just to have it and prevent any problems

As far as the HP levels my guess is they are talking about the old LLY engines, but i may be wrong

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the Spade for my '06 LLY/LBZ. When the website describes one of the tunes to give you +80 hp LLY and +100 LBZ is that referring to the older '05 LLY which is not like an LBZ or my newer LLY which is physically identical to the LBZ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the Spade for my '06 LLY/LBZ. When the website describes one of the tunes to give you +80 hp LLY and +100 LBZ is that referring to the older '05 LLY which is not like an LBZ or my newer LLY which is physically identical to the LBZ?
It's referring to the 04.5-05 LLY. Sorry for the delay.

-Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks a bunch. I should be ready in 2 weeks to pull the trigger on a spade with DSP5.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So I'm getting serious about EFI Live. Duramaxtuner has the spade for stock setup going for $700. ATPtrucks if I'm adding the right parts together, gets me out the door for $420. If they are the same thing except for one's tuned by Rob(Idaho Rob) and one's tuned by Nick(duramaxtuner) why such a difference in price? On ATPtrucks I added the EFI Live tuning for $250, the dsp5 switch, and the vin License coming out to $420 total.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
definetely go with the autcal with a dsp5

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok I see. So it looks like it's way cheaper to go with Duramaxtuner for $700. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
that is just the tuning for $250, not the hardware required to load the tuning
So if you know someone with a v2, will that work for loading the tune? Then the cost would be $420 for switch, tune and license. Is that all you would need?

Sorry if it's a stupid question im new and just trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So if you know someone with a v2, will that work for loading the tune? Then the cost would be $420 for switch, tune and license. Is that all you would need?

Sorry if it's a stupid question im new and just trying to figure it out.
whats the answer on this? im in the same boat as u. whos set up did u go with and are you happy? thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
First off, I know how old this thread is. My question is can the spade be used to change from one tune to another without using the DSP switch?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts