Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do I need a dsp5 switch with the tunes
can i get the tunes customized smoke/lope/rumble idle
is it worth the ease of just buying the spade or should i just get the pretuned ecm or v2 flash tool?

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
It does include the DSP5 switch, and we have the option where you can pick any 5 tunes you want.

I highly recommend the SPADE unless you plan to build your own tunes.

If I can help please let me know.

Tyler
MPF

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,447 Posts
It does include the DSP5 switch, and we have the option where you can pick any 5 tunes you want.

Tyler
MPF
Yes See Above...^ :drink

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts

Tyler
MPF
i kno you said it does come with a dsp5 but you website is slightly misleading because it does not mention the spade including a dsp5

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,447 Posts
i kno you said it does come with a dsp5 but you website is slightly misleading because it does not mention the spade including a dsp5
CLICK HERE...

From Duramaxtuners website:

5. Stock Trans Race Tune

+130 rear wheel horsepower over stock
Maximum horsepower tune for stock transmission
If abused, has the potential to shorten the life of your stock transmission
Typically will run mid 14's near 93 MPH on a truck setup for drag racing

4. Sport Economy

+100RWHP over stock
Best balance of power reliability and efficiency for unloaded daily driving
Throttle sensitivity increased for less throttle input, quicker shifting and less average RPM in daily driving situations
Revised boost table for less back pressure during highway cruise

3. Light Tow Tune

+ 80RWHP over stock
Refined timing table for lower EGTs
Throttle pedal revised for simplified low speed trailer maneuvering
Built for towing loads under 8000lbs
Equipped with turbine break which utilizes variable geometry turbo to increase braking capacity while towing
Up to 120 braking horsepower at 3000 rpms
Turbine breaking is only active in tow haul mode at 0 % throttle and greater than 1800 rpm

2. Heavy Tow Tune

+60RWHP over stock
Refined timing table for lower EGTs
Throttle pedal revised for simplified low speed trailer maneuvering
Built for towing loads from 8000lbs to gross vehicle weight
Equipped with turbine break which utilizes variable geometry turbo to increase braking capacity while towing
Up to 120 braking horsepower at 3000 rpms
Turbine breaking is only active in tow haul mode at 0 % throttle and greater than 1800 rpm

1. Optimized Stock Tune

Power output near stock
Refined timing tables for lower EGTs and higher efficiency
320rwhp

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
i will make a thread tomorrow explaining all the benefits and down falls to the autocal. as there seems to be alot of questions lately

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes See Above...^ :drink
i did see it above, but last time i looked into the spade i did NOT see that you switch tunes on the fly with dsp5, so i just wanted to fully understand. im sorry for making your life coplicated.
anyway...i hope they make it for lly soon :D

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
cool thanks for the clear up i wasnt looking at the correct website

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed a DSP5 tune from DuramaxTuner.com and I am happy with it. The installation was easy and so was the ecm programing. The tunes work great. My engine sounded good and the trans shifted firm and smooth.
I called Nick at DuramaxTuner about a problem and got a answer back within a hour. How's that for service. I wish the spade was out 4years ago,I could have saved some money

·
Registered
490 Posts
lol ya i agree, this just makes things more complicated with more options.Im not a good decision maker as it is

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,447 Posts
Spade review!

I received my EFI LIVE SPADE Tuner from Duramaxtuner thanks to Tyler at MeyerPerformance! Using the SPADE is very easy, plug it into the OBDII port and flash in the DSP5 tunes, it took approx 10 minutes. Installed the keylock DSP5 switch and test drove it. Here's the things that I noticed going from the Edge CTS Race to EFI LIVE.

1. The engine idles perfect, nice constant rumble.
The Edge would test the turbo veins so the hiss was there occasionally.

2. The engine runs so much smoother, no rattle from timing advance.

3. The tranny shifts so smooth it's amazing.

4. The power delivery is so fluid! Duramaxtuner's tuning is awesome!

5. Best of all, now I can switch tunes instantly if needed.

6. My speedometer is now correct for my 35's.

I have the JACK but had the option to choose the tunes I wanted.
Here's my tunes:

1. Modified Stock (NO DPF)
2. 50 HP Tow with turbo brake
3. 80 HP Daily Driver
4. 100 HP Street
5. 130 HP Race

Nick & Bob sent two different DSP5 tunes, one with the EGR "ON" and one with the EGR "OFF". That way I can run my truck until I block my EGR or if I choose to block my EGR.

Props to Tyler at MeyerPerformance for a nice smooth transaction....:thumb

Props to Duramaxtuner for making my truck run so Dam Good...:thumb

SPADE TUNER

WHAT'S INCLUDED

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
We have to wait for EFILive to release the full flash capabilities for LB7/LLY with the V8 software and we will be ready to go for you guys with 01-05 trucks. To totally clear up the DSP5 question the spade comes with a standard DSP5 switch included in the total price. If you choose to you can upgrade to a keylock switch as WOLFN8TR did. Along with the switch the SPADE is shipped out with your custom DSP5 tune in it. All you need to do is load it on to your truck and install the switch and you are on the road.

Also WOLFN8TR glad to hear you are happy with your new setup and thank you!

·
Registered
900 Posts
any ideas as how long? i can hold out for a while, but if its going to be a long time then ill just go with the old fashion way of EFI

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,447 Posts
We have to wait for EFILive to release the full flash capabilities for LB7/LLY with the V8 software and we will be ready to go for you guys with 01-05 trucks. To totally clear up the DSP5 question the spade comes with a standard DSP5 switch included in the total price. If you choose to you can upgrade to a keylock switch as WOLFN8TR did. Along with the switch the SPADE is shipped out with your custom DSP5 tune in it. All you need to do is load it on to your truck and install the switch and you are on the road.

Also WOLFN8TR glad to hear you are happy with your new setup and thank you!
Oh Ya...:thumb

It's like driving a totally different truck! Smooth instant power and shifts amazing.

Thank You Sir...:drink

1 - 20 of 25 Posts