Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a trick to free up the lock mechanism on the spare tire thing-a-ma-jigger-jagger? Or maybe I am just an idiot and can't get it down.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My old man and i cut that little locking piece on my truck and my moms yukon. It works awesome now. My dad poped his tire in his duramax a couple months ago in a farmers yard in a snowstorm and couldnt get that piece of $h!t off. So he got the torch and cut it off. The next day we cut off that stupid safety mechamism on all our chevys.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Anybody have a trick to free up the lock mechanism on the spare tire thing-a-ma-jigger-jagger? Or maybe I am just an idiot and can't get it down.
:rof

A chit load of PB blaster! Might also want to put some grease on the cable once you get it down :rockin

I gotta put mine up of the rack in the next month or so... Now that you mentioned that I might loosen my spare up incase I ever need it :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I have tried tighting it first and then lowering and it still didn't let go it. How tight is tight, are we talking till you can't turn it anymore because I tightened it up pretty good. I guess it is all gummed up. I will start spraying the PB Blaster on it and give it a try in a couple of days. If that don't work well then I guess the torch will have to come out.
Jaylaniuk, can you cut that lock off with tire still hanging up there or does the tire have to be removed in order to access it?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, I lowered the tire as much as it would go and cut that lock off with the grinder, then she was good.... Good luck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.