Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to remove it while replacing the waterpump and when I put it back on I didnt torque it enough and spun it. I went to the part store and had to get a foot long piece and cut my own. I got it ideas? And there is no obvious signs of broken crankshaft and the belt is turning right but now I have sparks coming from it when I start it up. Any ideans?

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
My suggestion is to take it completely apart....again. Look for any signs of what is rubbing on what to create the sparks.

Get bac when you can tell us what is going on with it. Pictures would help

In the meantime read this and fill our yoru signature.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I would remove the serpentine belt and see if sparks continue at the damper. For some time, it was noted that Gatorback belts would produce a high frequency discharge that affected TCM's, though haven't seen reports of that for a couple of years. Like 407 says, something must be rubbing.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,549 Posts
Its probably spinning on the crankshaft. When it spun it sheared off the little nub that locates it on the keyway in the balancer. Possibly moved it back against the front cover or the stud that the water pump attaches by also. Need to pull it back off, and repair the nub on the crank that locates it if it spun on the crank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts