Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that someone had either dealt with this in service or had this happen to them.

6 speakers in the truck, three of them play. The rear driver's side and the two front pillar speakers will play. The door speakers and the passenger side rear will not. IF you hit a bump the right way, at XXXX RPM, headed south by southwest/east, sometimes it'll work and you get good music out of all speakers.

What I've done so far:

Pulled everything away from the interior I can, find and pull/wiggle each speaker wire and/or harness.
Swapped radios, but the other radio locked as soon as I put it in (Bose).

Local GM tech says that a friend of his had the same problem and that it ended up being the speakers.

Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its the speakers, I had an audio shop for years. these trucks are prone to the surround of the speaker rotting or the coil shorts out ? just crappy speakers. Just buy a cheap set at wal-mart for testing. The website Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers has wiring charts to know what wire is positive and negative so you get the correct polarity hooking the new speakers up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I replaced my speakers because I had no turn signal indicator and not chimes at all, worked for a while but now I'm right back again to the same problem. My driver side door speaker isn't working but the pillar speaker is working. Don't know what to do now I hate to have to pull the door apart again, but it's been done too many times to count.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts