Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am looking to upgrade the speakers in my truck to some loud nice sounding ones! First off What size are in the front doors? (6-3/4) The Rear doors? (4" x 6) Am i correct on the sizes? The truck is a 2006 4 door long bed. no bose or onstar... And Next what speakers do you recommend for nice loud sound.... may be adding two 12" subs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :thumb

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i think there 6 1/2 front and back i have 2 10 inch subs with a 750 rms amp under the seat and they pound i would suggest a good set of speakers with a amp for the doors and the same with the subs

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
check out crutchfield Put in your year, model etc. and you can shop just for stuff that fits your truck. They seem to be one of the best places for car audio.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I dont remember the size but i put in a set of 6.5" amped componets front and rear. and they sound pretty good. def need the subs thou. I got my box from subthump.com and it fits great. i also got speaker pods for my front doors from customspeakerpods.com. check it out

·
Registered
252 Posts
I dont remember the size but i put in a set of 6.5" amped componets front and rear. and they sound pretty good. def need the subs thou. I got my box from subthump.com and it fits great. i also got speaker pods for my front doors from customspeakerpods.com. check it out
+1, put amped componets in front and 4x6 in rear. Putting the sub in next.

·
Registered
938 Posts
where you guys mounting the amps for the door speakers and are they hard to hookup?

·
Registered
252 Posts
i put mine under the rear seat on the passenger floor. i have an extended cab.

Not to hard to hook up. it does suck though. if you have any questions let me know.

·
Registered
938 Posts
so do you have to run all th wires from the head unit to the amp then to the speakers? cuz i'm thinking this is goign to be a good job for bestbuy hahaha

·
Registered
252 Posts
assuming you have an aftermarket head unit. you have to run

power cable from battery

2 sets of rca cables (front/rear) i just ran one and used a "Y" at the amp

one wire for the amp to know when to turn on/off. head unit to amp.

then i ran speaker wires from amp to every door.

·
Registered
938 Posts
assuming you have an aftermarket head unit. you have to run

power cable from battery

2 sets of rca cables (front/rear) i just ran one and used a "Y" at the amp

one wire for the amp to know when to turn on/off. head unit to amp.

then i ran speaker wires from amp to every door.
thats wat i was afraid of haha i'll just have bestbuy do it cuz i'm going to be having them install subs to. i can't stand working in the cab of my truck i don't fit anywhere haha

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where did you mount your amp(s)? Pics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts