Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with the speakers in the 06 3500 Silverado Duramax.
my speakers sound really bad and I would like to replace them with good JBL speakers the doors seem to have a 4 to 4 1/2 inch woofer and a rather plain jane 3/4 mylar tweeter the side speakers behind the seats appear to be ? 3 3/4 by 4 inch odd size....... impedence?? any help would be appreciated Lance

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
WElcome to the site!! sorry i cant help you with your speaker question, but audio just isnt my thing? I'm sure some of the audio savvy members will be along shortly!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I second Crutchfield for sizes. Though their prices are not always the greatest.
The fitment charts are usually spot on. GM tends to not use a common sized speakers (just like all the manufacturers really), so a little bit of "custom" mounting might have to be done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
speakers bad

my speakers sound really bad

Mine were lousy too. Replaced thru crutchfield as well. What I like most about their service is what is not at a place like best buy. Great customer service after the sale, no hassle returns, and even better support with issues or questions.

On their site, setup a "find what fits my car" profile, and it does the rest. All the adapters and necessary stuff to make it work in your truck. My system blows the factories best out of the water. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Is it a 4 door?

you probably have 6.5s

Id suggest going with infinity Im big into car audio, what are you going to do for a head unit? are you going to do subs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the impedence of the factory speakers, wired in parallel or series?
Anybody try the Infinity or Jbl speakers with the factory 6 disk changer?
Thx in advance Lance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts