Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having problems with oncoming traffic thinking you have your brights on and "bright eyein'" you ? It happens to me at least five times a night. I admit, my 04 has some bright headlights. I hate to do it, but after they've flicked me twice....I'll do a quick flip of the brights. I'm beginning to worry since it looks like folks are nearly running off the road while meeting me. I guess my normal lights really bother them. They don't seem to be aimed high or out of kilter.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You have a GMC?? Yes, I get that all the time. I run my fog lights all the time too. When people flash me now, I have my high/low/fog lights come on all at the same time. I also have a set of Piaas on the front of my truck that I can have come on when I high beam.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I used a relay. I bought a DRL kit from napa and the relay that came with it had 2 inputs. The foglights actually come on when my low beams are on and when my high beams go on, it keeps my low beams on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
WOW thats cool! Do you happen to have the part number of the DRL and maybe some picts on how to install this?? I really want this!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't have the part number of the kit, but you can just buy any standard relay and do it. Guys have done the same thing using diodes and the stock relays for only a couple of bucks. I think you can still download the instructions for the Painless kit online. If not, let me know, I think I still have an electronic copy. Here is a standard relay diagram and how to install it.

Here is the instructions from the Painless kit too. It should explain it pretty good. Painless kit instructions

Here is the instructions for the diode method look at post #10: Diode method

·
Registered
46 Posts
hehe they hate when im behind them with my fog lights always on... the lift and 37s put the light right inside their car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts