Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey ranchonodinero if you want to get it resolved you need to call the gm warrenty hotline and have the service manager at your local dealer call them as well. They should fix your truck if it meets the criteria. Did you have the dealer v2 for flow and return rates? It took me a month or so of calling and finally my service manager called gm and was told that gm would cover the parts. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just had my injectors replaced under "warranty", also only had to pay labor, about $1700. Now I am just wondering what to do next? Air dog 165 or second cp3 pump? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey ranchonodinero if you want to get it resolved you need to call the gm warrenty hotline and have the service manager at your local dealer call them as well. They should fix your truck if it meets the criteria. Did you have the dealer v2 for flow and return rates? It took me a month or so of calling and finally my service manager called gm and was told that gm would cover the parts. Hope that helps a little.
I was so pissed I left the dealership and haven't been back; not even for routine service. If I don't get raped on a trade, I am saying adios to GMC and the duramax and hello to a Toyota. If the trade doesn't go well, then I suppose I'll see about getting the injectors fixed and selling it. I'd be pretty darn happy if they had offered to pay parts and have me pay labor but they didn't do that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This confuses me, maybe I am reading too far into it. My truck (2002 6.6L) has 103k miles on it. Does this still apply or is my truck too old? I'm thinking I'm out of the 7yr period.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
too old...you are about 3 years outside the period. There shouldn't be any trucks covered under this policy anymore...although you might get a dealer to do a good faith fix.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Crap, ok. Well I hope I don't run into any issues...then again it seems like 90% of people do. We'll see.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It won't be easy but with only 103k miles if you find the right dealership they will do it. Mine were covered based on my mileage of 120k. Just had to pay labor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wish I would have found this site several years ago. Was having smoke issues and then got the "service warranty" in the mail. Took it to the Chevy dealer in Monahans TX (the closest at 120 miles). they told me that 4 injectors were bad butthey did not meet the criteria for the warranty. The cost to repair was going to be 3500 bucks. Not knowing any better I called Chevy and finally got them to agree to split the cost. I was out 1700 and they had the truck for 3 weeks. When I picked the truck up I drove it 150 miles and it blew up. I had the dealer pick it up and he told me the fuel pump went out and it cost me another 1300 to get my truck back. That POS got his money out of me. Now it is smoking again and I am not sure what to do. I don't know if it is the injectors again or someone said it was the rings.

·
Registered
73 Posts
too old...you are about 3 years outside the period. There shouldn't be any trucks covered under this policy anymore...although you might get a dealer to do a good faith fix.
Hmmm my truck is an 03 with 57,000 i wonder if they would cover it here in socal or not? :help

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It is over the years. This special policy is done. It is worth talking to the dealer but you or anyone else would be extremely lucky to get the injectors covered

·
Registered
1 Posts
another one bites the dust...

'02 Chev 2500HD 128k miles, making oil like nobody's business, bllowing out the breather tube...should've had the injectors done when I bought it in '08... hindsight=2020... oh well... Gonna take it in to Haselwood in Bremerton, WA and see if I can swing some sort of deal...
Any suggestions on what I should ask for?
I plan on requesting: balance and return rates, supply and return pressure hold, Bosch reman replacements and amsoil (I'll supply).
Anything else??

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a problem with my 2003 lb7. I just changed fuel filter and now when pulling a grade or getting into the throttle from about half way my truck getting a clatter and loss of power. Let off on the pedal it goes away as long as I don't push it. Then it shuts off going down the road. So thought I was sucking air so I did the filter again and orings on filter housing and it went away got all power back and no shutting down for about a week. Well now it's doing the same thing. Any ideas would be appreciated I'm new to the diesel ownership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LB7 replacement injectors

Can anyone give me an estimate on what the life expectancy is on the updated LB7 injectors? My original injectors are finally giving out at 116K with an estimated 6000K bill at the dealer. Is it wise to replace the injector pump while I'm at it? Any info would be a great help.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
So I have a problem with my 2003 lb7. I just changed fuel filter and now when pulling a grade or getting into the throttle from about half way my truck getting a clatter and loss of power. Let off on the pedal it goes away as long as I don't push it. Then it shuts off going down the road. So thought I was sucking air so I did the filter again and orings on filter housing and it went away got all power back and no shutting down for about a week. Well now it's doing the same thing. Any ideas would be appreciated I'm new to the diesel ownership.
Sounds like a CP3 not giving enough pressure....

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Can anyone give me an estimate on what the life expectancy is on the updated LB7 injectors? My original injectors are finally giving out at 116K with an estimated 6000K bill at the dealer. Is it wise to replace the injector pump while I'm at it? Any info would be a great help.
Life expectancy on LB7 injectors is all over the board... Some people are getting 200k+ out of them, others 34-40k. With clean fresh diesel and good filtration I would think you should get at least 75k out of them.... I did mone last year when I bought my truck, I have put 34k on them since, and my balance rates are still +/- 1. 6k seems to high for a injector job. Find a reputable diesel shop near you, I had the dmax streo do mine, I wanna say it was right around 4k...

·
Registered
5 Posts
SECOND injector failure!

I had to have injectors replaced in 2010 at a 103,400 miles. Though well under 200K, GM refused to cover b/c truck was mfrd. in July '02. I bit the bullet and replaced injectors for $4000. Dealer assured me that injectors had been redesigned and that LB7 was no longer a problem. Repair had 30K warranty. You guessed it--another failure at 104,700 (that's 31,300 on the new injectors if you're counting). I'll take a run at GM and the dealer but can guess what the response will be. Any suggestions?

Incidentally, my mechanic says he is seeing this all the time. His opinion is that it is caused by contaminated fuel (especially water) causing the injectors to stick or leak due to corrosion and wear of the tips, as well as the lower lubricating properties of low sulfur fuel. Suggestions I've seen for prevention are use of a lift pump, additional filtration down to 2 microns, and use of 1/2 quart of tranny fluid in each tank of fuel for additional lubrication. Any comments?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Durango,
I ended up rebuilding the filter head with a kit from MA. Kit seemed to help as I was getting air in the fuel which we all know is not good. Now I am having an intermittent issue with the throttle. Has gone in to limp mode once before clearing itself, and once where I had no response and almost stalled the motor pressing the pedal to the floor. I'm not sure if the injector pump is going out or if there is some other issue I'm unaware of. I'm looking for feedback on a quality lift pump and additional filtration if you or anyone else has suggestions. As far as the ATF in the fuel, I have been using a quart every time if fill up for years now. Its my understanding the detergents help with keeping the system clean and obviously added lubrication to help combat the "new and improved" fuel being blended for us now. Good luck with the dealer and GM on your injector issues. I hope they do what is right for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont think u dont qualify because i have a 04 that got purchased in 2003 and i was past the years but still under 200,000 and gm paid for my injectors
I have an 04.5 Lly 3500 with only 45k and I just had an injector #2 go out on me today. I wonder if this would qualify? Who was your contact at GM?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts