Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a discussion on here about this so im sorry if its already been brought up.....Just wondering the easiest way of getting rid of the 99mph top speed in my truck....i have the edge chip and dont know if i can do it through that , but any ideas? Just wantin to run a 1/4 mile time and im sure i wont hit even 95 but would like to be able to keep up at high ends with some of these s$&* box imports. lol thanks guys

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Most downloaders like the Diablosport, Superchips, PPE, ect will remove it, and stack nicely with your Edge. Just use the lowest program on the downloader and turn the juice down a bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
see i have the same problem and i hate it! i thought the edge would get rid of it! I have the edge w/ ATT so what downloader should i run? Anyone of them work better to tune the tranny?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
get the PPE standard and stack it with the Edge and you'll have a nice amount of power and lots of options..just don't get stupid and turn both to the high setting's(when the tranny is stock)i would hate to be your tranny at that time.good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 03 would not need the speed limiter out of it just running the juice. but if you must stack a PPE box on it that wiil cure it and be careful with what power levels you use so far and 23000 miles and about 200 pass's on my lbz stock tranny and no real problems yet . EFI live this weekend should be its demise but i have a spare waiting in the wings.:gearjamin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts