Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it works all day and other times it will quit after a few minutes of driving or idleing. Any thoughts on this? THANKS

·
Registered
915 Posts
stepper motors on the back of the cluster going bad

·
Registered
589 Posts
ya check into the stepper motors. there was a thread on here awhile back, but forget where it is. try searching for it

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I fixed the one in my 04 be buying an aftermarket cluster from us speedo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man you guys are great!!!!!Thanks for the pictorial and easy directions LLYD MAX.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
dealer fixed mine for free...04.5 also and my truck was out of warrenty, I believe it's a service bulliten or something like that.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
You have to have under 70K on your truck for them to fix it for free.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Man you guys are great!!!!!Thanks for the pictorial and easy directions LLYD MAX.
no problem man! always glad to help. :drink

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did it all the way LLYD MAX said and when I put it back into the truck all the needles fell way below where I had set them after the tape process. Now how do I get them back to where they are supposed to be?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone help, please?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
dealer fixed mine for free...04.5 also and my truck was out of warrenty, I believe it's a service bulliten or something like that.
True, The bulletin says 75,000 miles but actually it's up to 85,000. That little bit of info cost me $400 as one of mine was just under 85,000 when I saw the TSB so, thinking it was too late I waited until it completely broke and had 89,000 on it... go figure :confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Some dealers will not fix it even tho there was a bulletin because there is some numbers in your vin that have the deciding factor in them replacing it for free. I had an 05' and mine was not covered under that bulletin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts