Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedo is off by 13% since I installed 315's. Can the dealer ship recal the speedo for lly's. Am not sure if I want to spend the money on any programers, as my truck sits most of the time. 6 months with 1100 miles.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I think the general concenus is the dealership can't. I talked to a tech and he was saying they could, but they would have to trick the system and tell it that they were changing a part in the ABS. I just ended up buying a programmer that could do it just before talking to the tech. Although, he did tell me it was hit and miss on the trucks that they could mess with the speedo calibration....they couldn't do it on every truck.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I would verify with GPS though. I was told it is hit and miss on which ones they can recalibrate. I don't things have changed on the 06s, but they have to trick the system telling it that they replaced a part in the ABS. It would be nice if they could....I don't see why they can't since the Hummer has 37" tires and an allison.

·
Registered
18 Posts
bluedenim

Yes I agree. In Wisconsin the speeding tickets go up with inflation. I ordered a truck with 365HP. The truck came from another dealer in Ohio. I wanted different tires that were white lettered with a little bigger diameter. The boys at my dealership had to change a few things in the computor because of it. Well, it wouldn't hook up. To find out this was the wrong truck with the 300 or 310 HP. Somthing was rotton in Ohio but mistakes can happen, seems like to me.. The truck was returned and we are going to try it again. I will let you know how things turn out. Thank the Lord I wanted different tires ot I might be driving a 360HP with 300 output. Well, as the wheels turn.Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
that dont make a bit of sense. how can they be able to recal, some trucks but not others? do you mean some years they cant recal? i'd believe that. but if you mean some trucks of the same years they cant, that sounds like total B.S. to me. or just another silly bowtie boy mistake

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
That is what I was told by my dealer. (GMC) They said it was hit and miss. I was talking to the tech and he saw that I had aftermarket tires and rims on. I was asked if I had them try to recal my speedo. Then he went into the talk of how they could do it on some trucks and on others they couldn't. Doesn't matter to me....I have a powerpup to do that and it works great everytime on my truck.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I need to recal mine......one time when my speedo read 76 I phoned my buddy trailing and he said we were doing 85.......his truck is all stock

·
Registered
17 Posts
Efilive can calibrate your speedo, But if you looking to do it economically
I can calibrate your speedo's, that is if you are up to sending me you PCM I can ship it back to same day received. I'm in oregon

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was commenting on recalibrating the speedo on my f250 PSD, lol. And that's long gone now. Sold for a Cummins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts