Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 06 chevy 4x4,love the duramax!! (my first diesel)i raised the front end of my truck 3 inches by replacing the torsion keys. and raised the rear 1 inch with blocks.(i wanted to at least equal the stance of its competitors) i replaced the wimpy looking 245-75-16 bridgestones with 315-75-16 bfg's, in my opinion this is how they shoud look from the factory in the first place. does anyone know how to go about having the speedometer calibrated. i have no idea where to start. any help would be appreciated.

proud to be in the duramax club!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
my programmer makes it possible to recalibrate for tire sizes, i'm pretty sure most of the after market programmers have that capability

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did the same thing to my durmax using suspension maxx (suspensionmaxx.com, I think) torsion keys to lift the front with 20x10 moto metals and 325/50 20 MT Baja ATZs, the bully dog triple dog can be used to recalibrate the speedo and also remove the speed limiter on 07s.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You can use the Bully Dog triple Dog to calibrate the tires and is good for a pretty good amount of power and mileage. Also, with the Outlook Monitor, you can have digital gauges to keep and eye on everything.

Also, the Diablosport Predator will do this as well.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
the bullydog will not change your gauge tho will it? its similar to the edge with its own display. The hypertech and diablo will correct your speedo and mileage on the truck... i might be wrong on the bullydog but someone should fill me in. The edge will give you accurate speed on its attitude display but not change the speedo...

·
Registered
63 Posts
No, the bully dog will change the factory speedo if it is used by itself. I didnt install the outlook on mine and it reset the speedo for my bigger tires. When you program it into the truck it asks what size tires you are running so it can correct it. If you use the outlook you can set it for what tires you have but im not sure if the original speedo stays correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts