Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newby here...I have an '04 2500 HD that I purchased last summer. It has 107k miles. Once the temp dropped below 30 degrees, the speedometer just sets at zero mph until I have driven it for a couple of miles. If I stop and start again, it will begin to register some speed. It does not register correct speed until I have driven at least 10 miles...stop and then go again. Any ideas and if so, can I fix this myself?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
thats a common problem... the gauge cluster is bad... about 450 from GM... and MUST be dealer installed... it sucks but its just one of those things! there are a lot if guys with the same issue....

·
Registered
72 Posts
speedo

I just put al the contact info in 4.5- 05 Power train. But look up Speedometer Repair Service on Ebay Or call 1-860-583-0629 and ask for Carl. You purchase his service through paypal it only costs $109 plus shipping. warranty is 1 year, even better than GM. It works great now, I shipped it on a monday and had it back on Saturday. You can drive with it removed, but you are responsible for your speed of course.PM me if you need any other info

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
61 Posts
How hard is to get to the stepper motor on the speedo?

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
61 Posts
I changed that stepper motor. A little tricky, but its fixed. THANKS

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
61 Posts
It took about an hour and a half for everything. I could do it in half that time now. I did have to drive around with the dash apart to calibrate the needles. (you have to twist them all off to get to the motherboard.....press fit) Be careful not to overheat when soldering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts