Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What experiences have people had with spray-in bed liners? How different are Rhino and LineX? What do you like or dislike about either? Are there others?
I am thinking about getting a white to match the truck. Do the color-matched liners fade? Are there other points to consider?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I had a rhino liner in a ford that was very tough. hauled all kinds of stuff in the bed(hi lift jack, big tool box, air compressor, ect). the rhino is the best in my opinion. had 3 diff ones. I had hell getting through the rhino liner to install goose neck ball:eek:

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I'm sure most won't agree, but I'm a Herculiner fan 100% of the way, and they make white. It's a do it yourself bed liner that rolls on, and IMO can take more of a beating because it's half rubber based and can flex. Plus if you knick up the bed, a piece chips out, etc.. you can repair it in 5 minutes yourself... I did my bed in Dec. and love it...and I'm actually doing my rockers/bumpers/fenders/etc.. this spring.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I've heard that LineX stays softer for longer compared to Rhino Liner. Can't say personally, but I've had good experiences with both of them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like line-x. Theres a company truck were i work that had line-x sprayed in '02 and its still holding up good and its been abused badly. Line-x has a lifetime warrenty too. I think it holds the finish better and is tougher than most out there. My brother has rino in is truck and its faded real bad and its an '05

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you don't run a cover of some kind, all liners will fade a bit. I had Line-X in my last truck for six years, nothing could touch it as far as damage, but the black did fade some. Unfortunately, we tested the toughness to the extreme when a wind storm took down my neighbor's ancient mulberry tree - fell across the bed, bent the rail all the way down about three inches into the top of the wheel well. The box was trash, but the Line-X didn't crack! I have an Ultimate Spray Liner in the new truck, which seems to be holding up well so far.

Chuck

·
Registered
387 Posts
X3 on the Linex. It's softer and won't chip off as easily as rhino.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I liked Line-x better than Rhino but i like Speedliner better than both of them but there are not very many people who spray it because of the demands from the headquarters in Texas. My dads business used to spray it but the quality control was too much. Had to have a dedicated booth with downdraft, the booth had to be heated to an exact temperature and then the product sprays on hot and has to continue to bake for several hours. It is tough but looked good also not chunky like Rhino and nothing slides around the back of my truck like it did with the others.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...hgIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEqsJMP9alSnxdCfp23Gm9yXLdWGQ

If you call for a location near you leave a message and believe it or not the y will call you back!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've had Linex in mine for about a year for farm use and it seems to be doing fine.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I've had both, have the rhino now as I wanted to check it.

Things I have noticed is that the rhino is really hard and tends to mark up really easy, afraid its going to tear and chip off.

Another thing is it seems like the Rhino has faded alot more than my linex did.

So for me...I will be going back to linex whenever the time comes to either redo it or I get a new truck.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i have ziebart liner, and some parts have chipped, they say they will replace it lifetime guarentee but i havent had time to get it in. just my experience i would go rhino liner

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Reflex Liner. Im sure most of you know I went buck-wild with that stuff. It is like thick rubber and I love it. Carbides from my snowmobiles don't budge it and it always looks shiney. It is over 2 yrs old now and still is that wet black loko and soft. I suggest that! Locate one and see there samples.

Otherwise I do agree with some others here Herculiner is pretty nice I used it myself to do my rear wheel well liner that was bright red from the bed. Was thin and very very hard dried but works for the price.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I liked Line-x better than Rhino but i like Speedliner better than both of them but there are not very many people who spray it because of the demands from the headquarters in Texas. My dads business used to spray it but the quality control was too much. Had to have a dedicated booth with downdraft, the booth had to be heated to an exact temperature and then the product sprays on hot and has to continue to bake for several hours. It is tough but looked good also not chunky like Rhino and nothing slides around the back of my truck like it did with the others.
Truck Bed Liners, Bed Liners and Spray on Truck Bed Liners by Speedliner

If you call for a location near you leave a message and believe it or not the y will call you back!
had that in all three of my trucks...manly because they do it right at the Chevy dealer but it is tough stuff and if you ever place a hot mountain pie iron on the tailgate drunk one night they will re-spray it free of charge...life time warranty kicks ass!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, thanks for all the help. It's great to have all this experience to draw from. This forum is GREAT!

·
Registered
542 Posts
What experiences have people had with spray-in bed liners? How different are Rhino and LineX? What do you like or dislike about either? Are there others?
I am thinking about getting a white to match the truck. Do the color-matched liners fade? Are there other points to consider?
I prefer Linex hands down, have had both Rhino and Linex. The Rhino peels easy, haven't been able to get the Linex to peel yet, even with full 55 gal drums. Sprayed the truck box with Linex inside and outside also, keeps it cool in the hot florida sun and no aluminum dust from tools moving around. My cousin changed from Rhino to Linex in his fleet, had his personal truck colored to match.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Likewise a fan of Line X- I've had it in my truck for 5 years now. I am told that Line x has come up with an additive that retards the fading process? Yeh, mine is somewhat faded now but still holding up and not cracking or peeling :drink

·
Registered
28 Posts
LineX - I had it color matched to my truck which also improves durability. Good stuff.

·
Registered
532 Posts
compare warranties... then make your decision

1 - 20 of 43 Posts