Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at both Rhino and Line-X bed liners. So far I'm liking Line-xs looks and feel better...any suggestions? is there a third spray-in bed liner company thats starts with a "v" or something?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm starting to think about a spray-in liner myself......Leaning towards the Rhino but would consider the Line-X if I can get some info on it....I'll probably spend a few days loking it up on the internet and try to get an idea which way to go......It would be nice if others would chime in with their preference and why.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just searched and found a sprayin called Speedliner......Called a local dealer and he will do an over the rail, same color as the truck for 425 + tax.....He also said he would fix any damage that I would do to it free........He will also add Kevlar for free which he says other dealers will charge extra for.....Seems like a good deal.....Anyone else seen this type or know of anyone that has???

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The spray in liner that I had in my silverado was ARMA??? I think that is how it is spelled. It was pretty good. It was on the truck when I got it, so I don't know how much it costs, but it was comparable to the other ones. As far as the Speedliner, I have never heard of it. Sounds like a good price. I would just make sure that you know someone that has had their truck done by the same guy. I have heard horror stories of the discount places....having overspray all over the truck...ect. Some of the spray ins already have kevlar in them, just do some research....I can't remember which ones exactly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not knowing much about Speedliner I'm probably gonna stay away, just because I can't seem to find out much other that what is on the web site. I'm debating between Rhino vs. Line-X........I'd go with Speedliner if I could only find out more......Probably go with black.....was thinking about color but if is isn't exactly "Chevrolet Victory Red" then I know I would be disappointed.The rest of the truck is accented in black, fender flares, bumper, bodyside moldings so black is probably the better choice just for continuity with the other things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went ahead with the Rhino.......Couldn't find any further info on the Speedliner .....a buddy just had his put in and I was impressed with the results......He has a friend that had a Rhino put in his 92 Chevy dually 1 week after he bought it, he does concrete work everyday.....He is on the third motor for that truck but the bed is still good.....That is what I was looking for. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got a Line-X brand

i bought my 05 2500 Dmax last week, had the dealer split the cost($400) of bed liner with me. the bed had nothing. i guess there's no diff between the brands, just whats in your area, and cost. i too will be in the concrete biz. but we have special trailer for this type of biz were doing. ever heard of concrete curbing? google it if you never heard of it. we are going with borderlinestamp.com for our package. 12000lbs trailer when full of sand and cement bags. so a chevy 2500 Dmax with allison was a no brainer. would like a 1 ton, but dam diesel's are expensive! especially gmc/chevy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You could have found a really good used 1 ton dually for a very reasonable price with low miles and a warranty. I'm not to crazy about the GM HD suspensions....the powertrain is great though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My work (lumber company) has Line-x in all their pickups and they are all abused. But the bed seems to be the best looking part of the truck after their 5-6 year service life....I dont think there is one big chip out of any of the beds.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a few chips in mine......not really sure what brand mine is but it's held up well

·
Registered
17 Posts
spray liner, get it thick

i know rhino liners offer it 1/8 to 1/4 thick. if you have doubts about a liner, but will get it anyways, just get it THICK and over the top(along the rim of the bed) a friend had it 1/8 in his ranger, never had a prob.

spray i believe is better than plastic liners,:thumbsup no slipping of cargo, water tight and stops rust(on the inside) you can also have your under carriage done(i believe, but not sure)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wouldn't mind doing the bottom of the body on my truck, to help hide the current dings and crap from rocks and road debris, plus prevent it in the future...it's nice how they can color match it now

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had one of them factory plastic liners, it's now m.i.a.:toilet i like a truck with out any kind of liner. that way you can see when, where, and how bad it's starting to rust. ever put a heavy load in the bed and have it fall thru? that sucks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's the point of a spray in.....it's protected, and it won't rust

·
Registered
25 Posts
The last four trucks I done Line-x. I must like them I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spray on bedliner, Qwikliner bedliner

Sometimes back I got my truck sprayed on with Spray on bedliner of Qwikliner.It took only few seconds to set & the quality of finish is aeesome.Extend the life of your vehicle and increase the NADA / Blue Book re-sale value with a real sprayed-on bedliner.all the answers you know at Qwikliner,qwik liner bedliner spray on bed lining polyurethane truck, boat, container pickup accessory. I will definitely on recommends qwikliner bedliners.:cool

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've been looking at both Rhino and Line-X bed liners. So far I'm liking Line-xs looks and feel better...any suggestions? is there a third spray-in bed liner company thats starts with a "v" or something?
At my dealership we have tried rhino lining, line-x, and lynntrucks. As far as we have seen the line-X Holds up the best after a couple of years. I would go with them if it were me. Also keep in mind the dealership only pays 325.00 for long bed over the rail. You should be able to get it done for about 400.00 cash. or less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went with Line-X because the dealer in Lansing was more professional then the Ziebart dealer who installs Rhino. Ziebart employees were arguing over which which of the two Rhino liners were better.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Line-X in both the Chevy and the Dodge. They have both held up good. I also have a bed mat in the Dodge so stuff doesn't slid around on the spray in liner and to protect it so if I want to put it in a show and shine the mat can be removed for a nice new look.

Stuff doesn't slide around on the line-X liner like a drop in but is still a little slick and lets stuff slide.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.