Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Spray-on bedliners?

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  fireman260 
#1 ·
Ok Guys thinking about doing the spray on bedliner for my truck. What has been your experiences with them and what does it cost now to have it done? I have a victory red chevy and would like to have it match do not want a black liner. Any comments would be appreciated?:)

#2 ·
liners

07 GMC K2500HD short box , duramax , allison -
Just had my truck done a couple of days ago. Its the only way to go !!
My last truck had one of those plastic liners , and if you removed the liner , the bed of the box was all scratched up , with surface rust on spots.
My new liner ( from Rebel Coatings ,Vancouver ) is so much nicer looking and stronger. A friend of mine has the same liner and uses his truck commercially, and the liner is still standing up the rock , shovels etc.
Your looking at around $500.00 Cdn , dont know what the prices are in the states ( generally less expensive ).
Best of luck...................
Fenmor in Vancouver

#4 ·
Heath,
Line-X is the only way to fly. I hate seeing a beautiful truck then looking in the bed and seeing one of those dinosaur liners that's all faded and looks more white then it is black. Just got a quote about 2 weeks ago and a Line-X in red to match my truck was $575 where as black was 500

#6 ·
Let me chime in from the other side. I often work alone. I have back and shoulder problems. I have found that most spay on liners are very "sticky". Try to slide in a piece of steel or the first 4 X 8 piece of plywood and you know what I mean.

I have always opted for the drop in bed liners because you can slide things in and out. I always remove them at least once a year to clean out the bed. I have also found they do help protect the bed better against denting. For < $200.00 you can replace them every few years and still be ahead of the game.

Just my opinion....

Gary

#8 ·
they sure are earier to slide things in and out of the bed , but.... they do end up scratching the hell out of your box paint.
True.... but after a few years I have the option to replace the liner and touch up the paint, have the bed repainted back to stock or spray in a liner. If I spay it now, the only option I have is to respray. So if you have to slide stuff in and out, for me anyway, the liner is a good option.

#10 ·
I got an ONYX liner put in my 07 2500Hd about a month ago. It is definetly the only way to go. I wouldnt pay the extra to match the color but that is just my opinion. My truck is victory red and a black liner looks awesome against the red. If you are afraid you are going to dent the bed or are worried about sliding things in and out you can either leave a piece of plywood in the bottom like I do or you could really get fancy and put a plastic liner over the spray in liner, I think it should fit over it.

#13 ·
I have never tried..I wouldn't know how to begin,but for 4 Ben Franklins......Done deal!!:drink

#14 ·
i used herculiner bed liner on the inside of my k5 blazer. It looks good, but is not as thick as linex. The thickness might be due to the fact that i only rolled 2 coats on. If you use herculiner i would recomend not getting it on your skin, I takes a long time to come off. I think a professional bed liner like line x is the best way to go though

#15 ·
Line-X!! I searched and looked when I did my truck. I was from rhino linear, line-x and a few local cheap ones. It seemed the rhino linear dries soft like you can dig you finger nail in. It also turns gray over time. The same as armor brand. I went withline-x and love it! Had it for 2 years and impressed so far with 0 problems.

#16 ·
We have Rhino-liner on our trucks at the fire hall, and after two years it is faded and chipped, and the over all texture just bites a**. I have vortex bed liner in my truck and I never had it scratch or fad, and it comes with a lifetime guarantee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.