Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put in a spray on bedliner. I had a rhino spayon on my last gas truck and it was pretty good. That was put in 8 years ago. I wonder if the technology has improved since? Anyone feel strongly about spray on brands?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a reflex spray in bedliner i like it i havent really compared it to rhino liners.. my buddy does spray in bedliners at the chevy dealer and says reflex is better.. just thought id put my imput in..

·
Registered
352 Posts
LINE EX ALL THE WAY! I had a rihno onece and it was junk compared to line ex in my book.

·
Registered
31 Posts
LinerS?

Had Rhino in previous truck, went to Line-X this time, like it much better. Finish, thickness, etc. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - I've heard a lot about xline, but just haven't done the research to really know the difference. There may not be enough difference to worry about.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Line-X all the way. Had rhino, it cracked and came up in chunks in my old truck, same thing in a buddys truck! They would not stand behind it. Line-X, 100% garranteed as long as i own the truck and still have the garrentee certificate!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I know this is an old post but I'll throw in a vote for Line-X

I searched all types. A local place was installing a off brand spray in linear that was junk. The only 3 name brand ones are Arma, Line-X and Rhino. My dad has Arma in his truck and it is lifting in a few spots. I heard Rhino almost dries rubbery then fades eventually and lifts to. I heard little complaints about Line-X so I had it installed and love it! :hyper

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
96 Posts
you guys have to remember that MOST of the time when a sprayed liner lifts it is do to the installer not preparing the surface correctly. we had an issue up here with our local rhino dealer. they got real lazy and it one point weren't even sanding the beds. that all stopped when someone had their new sprayed liner blow out of the back of the truck on i-35.

but i do agree with the majority. if you're going to pay for one line-x seems to be better than rhino. it lays down better, has better texture and doesn't fade like rhino. also when rhino fades, it has a tendancy to transfer color to what ever is on it. not good if you're sitting in your truck bed on a warm summer day.

my $.02!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the line-x. seems to do pretty good, i guess it just depends what you want to get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
spray on bedliner

I have been spraying QWIK Liner for about 5 years and find the product excellent. The ease of the product to work with and low odor is wonderful. QWIK Liner is everything it says it is! it's fast. QWIK Liner can be applied as fast as 1 hour from start to finish

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have been dealing with bedliner type materials for a long while now... I know this is an old thread... but if anyone has any questions, I am not biased by any brand or manufacturer... I can point you in the right direction and give you all the info you will need... just PM me

When it comes down to it, there are only really two types of S-I-B's.... you have the high heat high pressure systems and the low heat low pressure systems....

The HHHP systems are a much stronger, more durable longer lasting product... they will stay looking good for a lot longer

the LHLP systems are softer and will look good and work well for a year or two and then will get pretty torn up... however, they tend to be a little "stickier" in the sense that stuff is less likely to slide around on their surface....

almost all companies offer a warranty but when you get down and read the small print, almost all are worthless... and besides, 85% of the country trades their vehicles every 3 to 5 years so a lifetime warranty is only a 3-5 year warranty for the most part...

·
Registered
220 Posts
spray on bedliners

I got mine done at the dealer when I bought the truck, it is called Full Metal Jacket. I don't know anything about it but my last truck had a product called Spray Liner and it lasted 13 years without any problems. I threw concrete scrap metal and all kind of stuff in it. I dented the metal but never ripped the liner. The place I got it done said it was the same as Line X just cheaper. I had Rhino Lining in an earlear truck and it faded and turned frosty

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
if they say the same as line-x but cheaper then its a high heat high pressure system

·
Registered
315 Posts
i have Rhino-liner in my Ford...it does fade, but goes wit the color of my truck, so that doesnt really bother me...had it 4 about 2yrs now...no complaints and yes, hear over and over again...it depends on how the truck iz preped...im happy wit mine...gotta dodge and wuz gonna get the Line-X and compare the 2, but the outside of the bed iz rustin away, so there really iznt a point 2 that !!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
line-x is the best I have seen. Seems a little better than some of the others about lasting and not fading

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have Rhino Liners in my 2001 and 2002 trucks which I bought used. The '02 has some peeling at the bed cap but these were ranch trucks not powder puffs. I'm a painter and in my trade, good prep is everything. I suppose bed liners are the same. Good prep equals a good job. Sanding a truck bed before the guys spray the liner material would take about a half hour with a buzz box and a few sheets of Norton 3X 100 or 120 grit paper.

Michael Frick

1 - 20 of 29 Posts