Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from you guys about the in-between wax stuff when you're detailing your trucks. Anyone using products that you absolutely would tell me to try? There are alot of products in this category which makes it difficult to pick one to try. I'd like to have it not "build up" on the surface of the paint so I don't have to use a cleaner wax before doing my twice annual hand wax and alot of the new polymers are great.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/input.

-Epicenter

Registered

Registered
P&S Beadmaker. Like &20 a gallon. Uses about 8 oz first application and maybe 4-6 every other. Comes in 16,32,128oz containers. Leaves a super slick finish after 8hrs of cure. Can be used as drying aid on wet surface or can be used on a clean dry vehicle. Smells awesome. Look on YouTube at the rag company videos. They do a great job going over it. Crazy cheap and works well. Can be applied to paint, glass, plastics, trim, wheels etc. won鈥檛 stain or streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
P&S Beadmaker. Like &20 a gallon. Uses about 8 oz first application and maybe 4-6 every other. Comes in 16,32,128oz containers. Leaves a super slick finish after 8hrs of cure. Can be used as drying aid on wet surface or can be used on a clean dry vehicle. Smells awesome. Look on YouTube at the rag company videos. They do a great job going over it. Crazy cheap and works well. Can be applied to paint, glass, plastics, trim, wheels etc. won鈥檛 stain or streak. I鈥檒l add it can be used over waxs, sealants, or coatings. Good for 3-4 weeks. I had it on wifes old vehicle for 4 weeks and was doing good just needed washed to revive and be topped off. Gloss is crazy good to.

Registered
Thanks brocky poo ;)

Registered
Clay is missing the boat. It鈥檚 all about clay alternatives now. Use a clay mitt and left over soapy water after the wash and it鈥檚 way faster. Imagine coating with a piece of clay 2x3鈥 or 6x9鈥. Tell me which would go faster. I can do a vehicle in roughly 30-60 min pending size. Besides to really get paint clean and the road from off you want to mechanically decontaminate with an iron remover and a tar remover. Then wash. Then clay. Then polish to remove all the stuff everything else didn鈥檛. Imbedded grime, swirls, scratches. Then you want to seal. Just sayin

Registered
Use a clay mitt and left over soapy water after the wash and it鈥檚 way faster.
I had a mitt. It was from The Chemical Guys... which I know isn't the top of the heap.

I didnt have a feel for it. With the clay bar, I have a real feel ( and using the sound as well) when the paint is really clean. With the mitt,I was just rubbing it around, and hoping I was doing a good job.

So I went back to the clay bar. Its older technology, but it works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts