Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 gmc with the edge box and attitiude monitor,has anyone had any trouble with the tranny sputtering in 5th gear? Friday night i was going about 55 and i accelerated slowly and it felt like it was slipping/sputtering. had this trouble about a month ago and it hadnt happened again until friday. i took it to the dealership saturday and they thought maybe the clutch pack in the 5th gear was going out. fuel filter is new, i saw that was a response to someone elses post.....not to sure whats going on......please help:mad:

·
Registered
134 Posts
sounds like torque converter problems..... LEAVE YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT.
Grandpa...haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did they do anything to actually see if it was your 5th gear clutch pack? They should be able to check pressure, Guffy what's your attitude say your tranny is doing? Have you looked at slip% when your truck is acting up?
LBZ Farm Truck, I know you'll look at this why don't you ever return phone calls? Are you to busy:gearjamin ?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yup. If you have ever seen what the clutches are actually made of, you would see why it really doesn't take alot of slipping before they are ruined. I can dig up some pictures of what I have done to some clutch sets. You can't really tell they were clutches really. I am sure Nasty Girl should have a few nice ones to show as well.

Either way, you are going to be looking for some upgrades. Might as well get her built right so this is not an issue again any time soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats what i thought.....it is still under waranty so i will let them fix it this time.......i am going to take the edge box off this weekend.....is there something as far as a horse power upgrade that i can do that is easier on the tranny......maybe something with the quick learn for the allison...i have heard that the edge doent have the quick learn?:mad:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a customer thats a contractor with a 2006 LBZ and he is using the Diablosport and he doesn't slip yet. I have a few little toys from Suncoast for his transmission sitting here when he comes up here next. Better to be proactive then reactive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts