Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 CCLB with 31k miles.

A few months ago I started noticing a very annoying squeak coming from the front driver side. It’s pretty quiet but noticeable, even for a passenger. Sounds like two pieces of metal rubbing lightly or maybe a shock squeak.

Furthermore, I also here a small rattle. Like a ball bearing rolling around and hitting plastic somewhere.

I can’t tell if the two are related and i can’t find where it’s coming from. Only happens (or only noticeable) at low speeds and small bumps. Driving on a gravel road makes it happen every time.

The dealer couldn’t find anything but I also didn’t have the time to do a ride a long and show them.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Slight press on the emergency brake when driving in conditions noise would normally occur. If noise stops check the cable under the truck where it clips to frame. Clip was loose on mine and rubbing on bracket making a noise that sounded like to styrofoam containers rubbing together. I took it to the dealer three times over this issue until I finally had enough and traced down myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts