Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,well when i had my wheel and tires put on at a local shop,they said that they noticed my back brakes were really really worn,maybe even need to replace rotors,but i drove it after that up until now,they work find,no grinding,i mean a little pulse in the brake when im stopping pretty hard...but now i noticed a squeek from my brakes i think in the front as of a couple days ago...it seems to be a quiet squeek constant while driving,and when applying the brakes it gets louder? should i replace pads and rotors on all sides.or what>?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
did you look at the pads? they have wear indicators on them...if they touch the rotor it makes a squeeking noise.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My rear brakes squeak all the damn time and have been for 50k miles. Tons of pad left but the rotors are getting gouges in them. I'll replace them both eventually. Good idea or do it now?

I replaced the fronts about 20k mile ago with brembo oem-style rotors and ceramic pads, they're great overall, less dust on the wheels than before and stops better.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
You got brake dust from the stock brakes? I havent ever seen brake dust on my wheels. You can replace your rears whenever especially if you will replace the rotors anyway...just save up the money.

My brakes only make a squeak the first stop of the morning...after that I'm good to go.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You got brake dust from the stock brakes? I havent ever seen brake dust on my wheels. You can replace your rears whenever especially if you will replace the rotors anyway...just save up the money.

My brakes only make a squeak the first stop of the morning...after that I'm good to go.
Well, yeah, they're chrome and I always wipe them down once a week if not wash the whole truck. I never tow jack with the thing so I doubt the brakes get much use, however I have done a lot more city driving in the past 6 months since I moved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.