Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did another GIMP project on my truck before it goes into the body shop Oct. 10th... what does everyone think? Yes or no?? Keep in mind I'm dropping it 2 inches and it has a Roll pan now.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I like it. Did you do that with a photo edit program? If so, can you superimpose some twins on my truck?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
That will look cool man. Sleek
What did you do with your old bumper?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
It looks good, but I like it the way it was before.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I think you're going backwards, but I know what it's like to get bored and want to change everything up.
I agree! I love the way your truck is now, I dont know why you'd want to change it up that much.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like the bumper keep the grille like it is not back to stock i think
So keep the all black one I have? You don't think it looks cheap?

I like it. Did you do that with a photo edit program? If so, can you superimpose some twins on my truck?
Yes, I did it with GIMP while my daughter was taking a bath.. And I guess I'm kind of confused on how you would want twins imposed on your truck.... you mean from a far away shot that would get the truck and twins? If so, I could probably do that.

That will look cool man. Sleek
What did you do with your old bumper?
Guy from the forum came from Long Island and took it off my hands... he gave me a roll pan, bigchevyhitch, stock front bumper, and like 600.00 cash

I think you're going backwards, but I know what it's like to get bored and want to change everything up.
Yeah.... I'm dropping it because I want to take it to the track and I got a Kryptonite front end and new HD drive shaft... so if I"m dropping it I figure why not go with a more "clean" look and color match... but then again maybe the two tone will look good too??

I agree! I love the way your truck is now, I dont know why you'd want to change it up that much.
Just trying to make it look "clean". For some reason I look at my truck and think it looks cheap and dirty.. I dunno....maybe it is boredom...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I think it will look extremely clean man.. i'd hit it!

·
Registered
831 Posts
What did you use to spray the side/rockers with?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Personally.. I dont like color matched stuff, its just too much. But that doesn't look half bad. I like the new bumper

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
i really like ss bumpers.. i think it will look good :drink
but personally eric i think it will look a little funny with your truck... being a more off road looking truck then street. cause you have the big fenders and bed liner on the sides :cool:

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm waiting to get pricing back to decide if I want to do it or not. I was just trying to be a bit different, going with the lifted matched bed liner look with the SS look as well. And depending on what my truck runs at the track, who knows, I might be going back to 33's and stock flares as well!

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
I'm waiting to get pricing back to decide if I want to do it or not. I was just trying to be a bit different, going with the lifted matched bed liner look with the SS look as well. And depending on what my truck runs at the track, who knows, I might be going back to 33's and stock flares as well!
sounds like serious business time!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like my SS bumper.

duramax2.jpg

0512111909.jpg

IMG_20110917_171141 (2).jpg

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Take the lift off and put some 20s on it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
IMO i would do the SS bumper, Color Matched Flares (Or sell me the flares if you go back to stock ones), and keep your BFXenon Grille. On your truck i wouldnt color match the mirror's, but i would do the Handles.
Would color matching the bed liner still cause chips in the new paint, or does the bed liner underneith still protect it?

What size blocks do you have in the pic's in the suspension? What size are you going to than?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts