Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told to get some fuel for a small very old tractor on the farm, he told me to put some fuel stabilizer in it because I only run it once or twice a year. I could not find one marked for diesel at the local wally world. what kind should I use and where to buy it. Will this mixture hurt the big silverado. P.S. the tractor is in alabama so it is very warm here. thanks

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Diesel does not break down like gas does. I would not worry about it if you run it once or twice a year. I have seen tractors sit for five or six years around here and fire right up. We even had a guy at work who ran 6 year old diesel in his truck with out a problem.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
I guess it would if it had water in it. The fuel itself will not grow algae. In your wet environment I would worry about it if you do not keep the fuel tank full.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tank was almost empty and sat for a year but the little tractor started right up. it had some white smoke but seemed to run ok. If I add some kind of stabilezer what kinds are out there, can i just use the sta-bil that i use in the gas for the genarator? thank you,

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
There is a product that i use called Diesle 911. It a addictive that helps if you have water or the fuel has started to gel. Here is the web site, there are other products that you might find helpful also. Power Service Products, diesel fuel additives, prevent gelling, clean injectors, disperse water, boost cetane, reduce emissions, improve fuel economy
for some reason this answer doesnt seem like its the answer....if its warm out why would you have to worrie about it gelling??¿:confused::confused:

i would suggest the Amsoil diesel concentrate cause this has fuel stabilizer in it..let me know if i can help

·
Registered
880 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts