Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 8" stack

Votes: 1 3.3%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am getting this idea from seeing every one on here with them and noe i think that i need one! i was wanting every ones idea on it if you think i should get on , which one! i have a white CCLB! i plan on putting 33's on it when the time comes for tires. it currently has a 4" turbo back with a 5" tip! i was thinking about a 6" or 7" but am open to ideas. i really dont want duals. this is my daily driver which my wife and kids also travel in with me ALOT! let the polling begin! does neone think 8" is to big?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I havent had a 7" yet but I know they cost a bit more and wouldnt even want to guess on an 8". A single 6" straight piped sounds good and isnt crazy loud either, at least mines isnt. Mine sounded louder with the duals to me when driving it but thats probably just because the stack that was right behind my head. Good luck, It will look great and sound good no matter what you do!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a poll in the 01-04.5 performance section currently on the 4th page (single or duals) with pics of my dual and single setup. If you want picks of the piping let me know. All I did when going to the single was cap off the other side because the wife wants the duals back. :)

·
Registered
20,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a poll in the 01-04.5 performance section currently on the 4th page (single or duals) with pics of my dual and single setup. If you want picks of the piping let me know. All I did when going to the single was cap off the other side because the wife wants the duals back. :)
i like the single look but i think i would do a flat black one!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think 6 is the perfect size.... I just put my stack on a couple weeks ago and i love it.

8in is huge i think it looks really dumb imo... i say stack the sum bitch

Heres a pic of mine, im gonna cut it down a bit to get it to sit below the cab, right now the tip just is barely over the top

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ya I was thinking about doing the same thing. I still might or if I go back to duals powdercoat them both black maybe because they are both starting to rust some. Not sure yet though.

·
Registered
20,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I was thinking about doing the same thing. I still might or if I go back to duals powdercoat them both black maybe because they are both starting to rust some. Not sure yet though.
that would look sweet!

·
Registered
20,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think 6 is the perfect size.... I just put my stack on a couple weeks ago and i love it.

8in is huge i think it looks really dumb imo... i say stack the sum bitch

Heres a pic of mine, im gonna cut it down a bit to get it to sit below the cab, right now the tip just is barely over the top

where did you get the stack from?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Husker diesel, I ended up not using the flex pipe they sent with it. I just got a piece of 5in to replace it, and just welded everything together. So i probably could have saved some money if i just got their 90 elbow and the stack its self

I ordered it on a Monday afternoon and got it that Thursday.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
to all the haters that say stacks are gay, they are the absolute only way to make a duramax sound its best lol. i tried it all. 4" mbrp duals with muffler, without muffler, and then stacks. you just cant beat the sound :drink

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
to all the haters that say stacks are gay, they are the absolute only way to make a duramax sound its best lol. i tried it all. 4" mbrp 4" duals with muffler, without muffler, and then stacks. you just cant beat the sound :drink
But stacks really are gay.:neener

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Yeah, but i really don't want one

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
i really just wanted the best sound out of it possible. the looks are just a bonus :drink

·
Registered
729 Posts
i use to hate them with a passion, sometimes i still wonder what i was thinking when i look at my truck lol.

But x2 06 DRW LLY said, i had 5in straight pipe on it before my stack and i really like the sound of it now alot better

·
Registered
571 Posts
to all the haters that say stacks are gay, they are the absolute only way to make a duramax sound its best lol. i tried it all. 4" mbrp duals with muffler, without muffler, and then stacks. you just cant beat the sound :drink
Thats why every diesel I have owned have stacks.:rockin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts