Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my 03 lb7 , and have always kinda liked the idea of the stack, not sure if I wanna just cut a hole in my bed so looking for any input , positive or negative , thanks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
It complies with the "exhaust must be pointed up and away from driver" rule.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Only complaint w/mine is that I can't blow smoke in peoples windows anymore :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah, i miss that too!!!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I built mine and welded in a cross about 6'' down to stop beer cans. Sure enough, the 1st day I had em on one of my smartass buddies tried to put a can in em, he was a lil disappointed when it didn't fall in. I still haven't built a shield for mine so trash rolls under my toolbox and melts to em and stinks purty bad. But overall, I love em

·
Registered
335 Posts
Downfall if you use your bed for stuff or have a toolbox. But if you dont and thats what you want go for it.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
You lose bed space, if you haul shit the stack gets beat up by stuff not secured in the bed, depending on where the top of the stack sits you get soot on the cab, if it sets above the cab you still get soot everywhere and down the side of your bed after a good morning dew, etc. Also the in cab noise depends on where you put the exit at so just be ready for a noisy bitch if it's below the cab.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Your ears will bleed if its a reg. cab, Mcdonalds bags will catch fire, soot all over your cab, other than that pretty badass...

·
Registered
915 Posts
I find mine to be annoying on the highway but great for dusting tailgaters.

·
the world famous
697 Posts
love mine!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Definitely put it higher than the cab, had to wash my 12 valve everyday cuz i cut it a little short. Messes up back window quite a bit.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mine is a little short though, story of my life

·
Registered
991 Posts
put a bucket over it if it rains if you have a straight up stack so it doesnt look like a tar wagon puked on your truck when you start it. otherwise go for it

·
Registered
994 Posts
I loved mine. I had 5" duals, then a 6" single, which sounded the best. The only reason I took it off was because it was turning my camper black. The soot from it was terrible, especially if it was raining.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts