Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey tomorrow I have a stack kit coming in the mail from Husker Diesel...

Anyways i was wondering if I have to worry much about getting rain/snow/water down your stack?

Thanks
-Steve

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
no you wont have a problem with that if it rains enough to will up your exhuast and go up the dp you should move but if you do have a problem you can drill a hole on the lowest part of the exhuast

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size of hole are we talking? Also will you be able to hear the hole as an exhaust leak?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no you wont have a problem with that if it rains enough to will up your exhuast and go up the dp you should move but if you do have a problem you can drill a hole on the lowest part of the exhuast
I dont get exactly what you are saying? :help

Sorry im a little slow at times

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
just like a 1/4" hole or something at the lowest point is what some people do. But you really don't have to worry about it too much. The downside to not drilling a hole is that if you have a bunch of water in there and you romp on it you'll blow sooty black water drops all over your nice white truck :( Or even worse when it snows, you'll shoot black snow all over the bed of your truck lol

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
He's saying that you'll never get enough water in there to be a problem, just a nusaince is all. I'd recommend not doing it at first and seeing how you like the results, then if you think it's blowing black spots all over your truck and you don't like it, then try a small hole. Just be aware that the hole can and will rust...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just like a 1/4" hole or something at the lowest point is what some people do. But you really don't have to worry about it too much. The downside to not drilling a hole is that if you have a bunch of water in there and you romp on it you'll blow sooty black water drops all over your nice white truck :( Or even worse when it snows, you'll shoot black snow all over the bed of your truck lol
Do you get a tick at all from drilling a hole? But yeah oh the joys of having a white truck :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
i have 2 really small holes in mine. maybe 1/16th or so. one in the elbow and another at the lowest point of my exhaust. i know they work cause i have little soot runs on the bottom of my elbow.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Nah, no tick. You won't even hear it one bit. There's not enough exhaust pressure for you to hear it. Not with a huge ass 6" hole about 4 feet from your head :rof

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
haha ive had stacks for over a year now and they have seen some nasty all day rain storms without any problems. I wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah, no tick. You won't even hear it one bit. There's not enough exhaust pressure for you to hear it. Not with a huge ass 6" hole about 4 feet from your head :rof
Haha 4 ft at the max! ive got a regualr cab!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
drilling holes is for women blow some steam!!

i ate some of my own black snow once didnt taste good!~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts