Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an older juice w/attitude on my truck I'm looking to upgrade to a new tuner.. I'm looking at either efilive or the pep hot+2.. my question is can I do either of these and leave the edge hooked up but turned down simply for the gauges...

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely don't wanna over due anything I just had to rebuild it at 219k miles.. Snapped the crank in half!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Sell and buy an Edge Insight.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
don't stack stuff...unless it's legos or pringles...duramax's don't like stacked tables.

Sell the Edge, get EFI and get an Insight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So who is gonna be my best bet for efilive and tuning.. I've got the truck set up to run basically anything I want.. I'm lacking an aftermarket turbo and better tuner..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feelin like an idiot here.. I'm new to forums who is rob with ATP? How do I contact him?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Agreed, contact dustin at ATP and he'll get you hooked up bud. Robs tunes are among the best.

208-685-1000
http://www.atptrucks.com/

·
Registered
897 Posts
^ Agreed, Rob is the MAN!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm checking out his site now! Anybody wanna buy an edge box?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Working nite shift on a gas well site and bored outa my mind so I've been reading all nite! Question... Can shift points be adjusted with efilive?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Yup they sure can, you can adjust quite a few things, TC lock up/unlock, shift points down/up soo soo many things

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold my edge box to my little brother just gotta convince the lil woman now!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
A cheaper route too would be to go with a pre-tuned ECM until you can save up for a V2.

Personally I would just save up and get the V2, EFI Live with an Edge Insight CTS monitor

Initial investment would be kinda high BUT you will never have to buy another programmer again. Just have your tunes updated with major mods.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Let us see what mods you have done in your sig... It'll help us help you faster if you ever have any problems

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm gonna have to get to a computer I am using an app on my iPhone and couldn't find where to fill out a signature...

·
Registered
581 Posts
I used the android app for awhile but it just seemed easy just to get on the internet but idk if both apps are the same... Oh and welcome to the site

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finally got to a computer and got a signature up gotta love life in the gas patch!!:thumb

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yep efi live will get you the most out of those injectors than the canned tuners, along with all your other mods too

But I still need to get it for mine so I cant tell you personally how much you will benefit from it... I hear he has a great mileage tune as well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts