Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys i stacked a ppe hot et2 with the ppe duramax enforcer and had some cutting out issues so i sold it and bought the Van Aaken and having some trouble so heres what it's doing,when i hit it with both turned up(ppe and the van aaken)and start to really hit it the truck starts to jump but it doesn't do it all the time..any ideas,i thought it was runnin out of fuel so i installed a ppe lift pump but it still does it,but i know there are some duramax's with the same setup and never have any trouble,any help would be appreciated..thanks james

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Sound like bursting...basically you are getting too much timing. At least that is the way bursting was explained to me. Some programmers do it themselves. My TST Powermax is known for bursting on the higher power settings. Instead of messing with those programmers, why don't you just buy EFI Live? You could program both of your trucks if you buy it....I think it will come with 2 licenses...if not, it is only like $99 for another one. I will probably be getting EFI Live in the future. You also may have found the limits of you CP3 injector pump.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
dont turn the VA up all the way only turn it to the middle setting wich i beleive is like 90 hp. With the new ppe tuner i dont know what level works best on stacing but it seems the newer ppe tuners have more timing in them allready so stacking may not work as well as it did with the older ppe tuner!

heres what i would do. set the VA to the mid setting, and start out with the ppe on high and keep backing it down one level at a time untill u only have a small to no amount of bursting!!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
You should be able to remove the timing in your PPE so that you can run both the VA and PPE on kill. Look in the cusom options or something like that when you reprogram your PPE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You wont really acomplish anything by stacking them, the PPE is the max hp you are gonna get, but if you insist, then select i believe it is level 7, max fuel and no timing, check PPe"s website they have the specs on there. And if you are lookin for the best to stack it with, the Duramaximizer was made to stack with it, but even so will ony pull about 30 more horses.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the info,i'll try some of these things that were mentioned and see whats happens..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while i think about it i don't think ppe makes the duramaximizer for the LLY..

·
Registered
262 Posts
what exactly is stacking teh chips is it just puttign one on over teh other

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yes, basically you are using a plug-in box with a handheld programmer.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i found out what the problem is and i feel dumb that i didn't think of it before and i thank you guys for the info you gave me but the problem was to much timming so i turn the ppe programmer timming off and put the chip back on to add the timming verse the programmer adding timming and all is well..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya it runs awesome and smokes like a frieght train...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.