Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys!! OK I have wanted to try this for a while, and we can all chime in on this one. I would like to get a programmer to "stack" on my Juice to change a few key things.
  • Rev Limiter
  • Top Speed Limiter :D
  • Tire Size Correction
  • Shift Points
I don't really care about the performance add-ons with a programmer but want something with diagnostic capabilities as well. WHAT programmer will do these things and not hurt anything the edge is already doing for me? IS there any that help more with mileage??

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Diablo predator, set it on 40 hp, youll love it. And it will do everything else you want as well!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know where there is a Supertuner Programmer for a 04/05 LLY.

$175 shipped

It will do the things you are looking for.

If you need info, let me know.

·
3,162 Posts
The one thing about the predator ver 2.02 is that it will uncap the boost signal from 22psi and allow more boost to be made to help keep egts in check a little bit. It wont allow as much boost as a ppe boost controler but still it adds some! My buddy has a 05 gmc that dynoed 415hp with the edge on 5/5 and the predator on 40hp! The tranny dont like that much power though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
whats up. kinda reviving this thread, but... Is there any cheap mod out to remove the top speed limiter? Im happy with the Edge w/ juice on my rig, but its embarassing to run out of steam @ 95mph at the drag strip! Other mods (afe stg2, de-cat MBRP, and audio)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
your out of steam at 95 on a 1/4 mile with a intake, edge and some mbrp? WOW thats impressive to hit the limiter with minimal mods in a 1/4 what are you running for 1/8 and 1/4 ET numbers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
your out of steam at 95 on a 1/4 mile with a intake, edge and some mbrp? WOW thats impressive to hit the limiter with minimal mods in a 1/4 what are you running for 1/8 and 1/4 ET numbers?
Ahh the truth comes out! I appologoze, i didnt wana get ragged on for "street racing", but in all seriousness I dont like governors, and wanted the peace of mind knowing im not gona run outa juice when I go to smoke some hopped up mustang or something. I have yet to take it to the strip, but ill be sure to post my slip once I do. I didnt buy the truck for speed, but now that its there 95mph feels a little short, ya know. I can feel that its got alot more to give. What do you recomend stacking, im not trying to put the tranny into early retirement.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha ya i have been around a few diesels in my day.... its all good dude we all street race. its all fun and games until you get caught. :D the easiest way to get rid of the limiter is with a programmer, they are nice to have to change other stuff as well (tire size, engine codes... data log... ect) the New FlashPAQ from superchips is pretty sweet. I sell and install them at my shop and have on on my truck as well. it makes a nice setup with the edge on 3 and the FP on tow mode :)

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i'm runnin a ppe hot et2 stacked with a ppe duramax enforcer,it has a slight hesitation that i don't like but the enforcer runs great if you don't stack it with the programmer,so i'm looking into runing a different stack and what is a good stack with the ppe hot et2 that will be adjustable on the fly and add about 100 to 150hp...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm. so if I go with the super chip Bnkrupt will I only be running the edge in drive mode 3 while in tow with the SC? Is the super chip AOF like the edge? Will it have a interior display? What do you sell em for? I saw $125 or something earlier? Thanks for input fellas

·
3,162 Posts
i'm runnin a ppe hot et2 stacked with a ppe duramax enforcer,it has a slight hesitation that i don't like but the enforcer runs great if you don't stack it with the programmer,so i'm looking into runing a different stack and what is a good stack with the ppe hot et2 that will be adjustable on the fly and add about 100 to 150hp...

Van Aken box on the mid setting 90 hp IIRC , on a properly set up truck this stack will net high 400's at the wheels:cool .

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Van Aken box on the mid setting 90 hp IIRC , on a properly set up truck this stack will net high 400's at the wheels:cool .
thanks for the info..i'll try that as soon as i get the enforcer sold

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a customer with the Diablo and he is getting ready to stack on the Edge. Like posted, set the Diablo on 40hp, that will allow you to adjust the speedo for bigger tires and adjust the speed limiter, and have a little more kick. Be easy on the Edge or you will be posting a thread for the best price on a Suncoast stage IV kit real soon.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i previously had the predator installed but got the edge juice with attitude put on but still have the predator. i have banks intake, 4 inch exhuast from front to back. but dont have a lift pump. would it be ok to put on put 40hp tune on then run my edge all the way up??
thank you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts