Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been using the banks 6 gun with the pda for gueages and the quadzill stealth II for power i've been trying to compare the two and just switched back to the banks for power. My quad is a pain in the ass I sat in the truck for 45 min trying to get the truck back to stock it always freezes or locks up. The tuner counted down and said it was stock no dpf.
So I pluged the banks back in turned it up to level 6 and truck runs fine, I pull out of the high way and this thing smokes like a cummins with a smarty and mp8 in 6th gear lugging the shit out of it, I comptly smoked the whole high way out.
My question is how do you know for sure that the stock tune really got loaded back in.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really stacking for power.
I'm using one or the other for power.
I have the pda for the guages so when I use the quad I just keep the banks on stock and use the pda for guages.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Well if you want to tell, put the banks to stock as well and see how it runs. It'll either feel like stock or it won't. Watch the gauges with both of them on stock and see what kind of numbers you're getting, thats about the best you can do. Banks on level 6 probably won't be smoke free anyway, so maybe start off on a lower level.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
you can do that it wont hurt them at all no added power = no added timing...did you remember to unhook all the underhood banks stuff before flashing the ecm if not it can cause problems...also when i had a quad. i had to turn the radioand ac/heat off they are really picky...i would deffinatly do a reflash again to make sure

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I didnt unhook the under the hood stuff just the one under the steering wheel I forget what that plug is called.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant tell if its stock when I put it on level one or not, Level 1 is stock = no smoke Level 6 = a shit load of smoke so I guess it's a difference.

I know you guys are like wtf is this guy saying but I really cant tell much difference but maybe its because the roads are wet and it will go sideway on the high way at 70 either way.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
you gotta re hook the engine harness plugs before you flash or it has to go through the banks unit and sending the engine who knows what

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I played with stock throught level 6 yesterday level 6 just smokes the tire's through 2 and it doesnt shift worth a shit because it's defueling so bad. So I guess that's why I think that it doesnt make much difference 1-6 Level 1 just hooks and goes.

·
Registered
844 Posts
one question..why would you stack any tuner on these trucks at all?
So he could have the DPF delete from the Quad. Not using any power from it, just the DPF delete.

As you can tell he isn't trying to stack for power.

Read more, post less.

·
Registered
54 Posts
why wouldnt you just run with the banks itll make plenty of power, you can get someone to flash to ecm to where it wont make trouble codes due to the dpf delete

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why wouldnt you just run with the banks itll make plenty of power, you can get someone to flash to ecm to where it wont make trouble codes due to the dpf delete
Little late but I got it all figured out I just sold the bank's I'm to ocd to worry about a tune not unloading.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts