Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want chrome dual mitre cut 6 inch stacks but ive got some questions.Who makes the best sounding kit (i like loud drone)? Also if it rains will i have problems with rust? And can i drill a small hole in the bottom end of the system so water can get out without hurting my sound?:rockin

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow! all of the members on here who run stacks and still no answers

·
Registered
333 Posts
i have MBRP 6" Mitres they sound good and deep, i wanna go to a larger stack though, if you take care of them they shouldnt rust or pit., the MBRPs have a whole drilled into the bottom of the elbow and drain out fluid.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I read once on here that the rain and snow doesnt hurt anything, it would have to rain forever before you have to worry about that.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ha posted to soon, well there was a thread on here and some ppl said that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read once on here that the rain and snow doesnt hurt anything, it would have to rain forever before you have to worry about that.
well im not as much worried about rain rusting them as i am rain getting in them and then blowing out smutty water all over my truck lol:gearjamin

·
Registered
589 Posts
i havent had any problems with rust, and i personally wouldnt put a hole in the exhaust for water to get out, you can get a flapper top on the stack so water can't get in. i built the exhaust and just bought a stack from 4wheelparts.com and i'm happy with the sound quality.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
i really like the grandrock kits :drink
and i havent seem them rust aslong as u paint them

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have MBRP 6" Mitres they sound good and deep, i wanna go to a larger stack though, if you take care of them they shouldnt rust or pit., the MBRPs have a whole drilled into the bottom of the elbow and drain out fluid.
can you post up some pics of your stacks?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
If you get a stainless kit, you shouldn't have to worry about rust. In my opinion, pipe is pipe, so any 4" to 6" stack kit is going to sound the same. Buy what ever kit is the cheapest, IMO.

·
Registered
589 Posts
also agree, my 5" sounds the same as my buddy's 8" duals

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If i get the dual kit is there a way i can remove to Y-pipe and just clamp my stack on the end for a single?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
10-4. alright thanks guys and if yall would shoot me a PM with a price on a dual stainless kit with two 4x6x36 chrome tips

·
Registered
589 Posts
i would just make your own, gonna be cheaper. i like the stacks that are side by side if your gonna do duals. instead of the corners of the bed. good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts