Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been toying with the thought of changing up the looks of my truck. My cousin has a white Duramax with stainless rocker panels. I rarely ever see trucks with these so I think it's unique. I know chrome isn't really a popular look here and I'm not all for it either, I just want to get some opinions on how it may look on my truck because I'm not quite sold on it yet.

Vehicle Car City car Subcompact car

I don't know how in the good lord to make this picture right side up.
Sorry for the garbage picture also, best one I have.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

And here is my truck, because I can't figure out how to put two pictures on the same post. I know I'm going from a white truck that I think looks great with chrome and it has stacks that I think looks good, I'll post a picture if anyone wants to see the stacks. My truck is black and so I'm just curious on others opinions. He left the OEM trim also which is maybe what I'd do also perhaps?

·
Registered
299 Posts
i left the factory molding and put on the stainless rockers. i know its white also, but just throwing it out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice truck! Thanks for the reply. I like the look on a white truck, but i don't know what it will look like on mine.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I dont like the stainless rockers. Salt and dirt get behind there and rust your truck out. I would loose the trim and 2500 badges. Color match whole truck and call it a day

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Salt would be a big problem with where I live. I'm just not a fan of straight black and matched trucks, just my personal opinion. Thanks for the input bturner!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I would never put those things within 10 feet of my truck let alone stick them on. I'm with bturner on this one. Color match the front end and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well maybe a nice billit grill, new chrome wheels, and some escalade handles on there. That would look really sharp. But still loose the trim. It holds dirt and causes the same issues. Some new style 2500hd badges would look much better

·
Premium Member
11,298 Posts
I have them on my white truck and really like the look of them, haven't had any problems with salt and dirt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy who owns the white truck had to replace them after an accident and he said there was no salt, dirt or discoloration under them. And this is as far as I'm going to probably take my truck as for making it look flashy. My truck works in a farm field or I plow with it so I can't keep it clean enough to invest money on looks. Although I might do escalade handles, I love the look of those!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.